The General Manager (GM) reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for managing the budget and financial performance, operations and administration of the company. Working closely with the Artistic Director (AD) and the IMPACT Artistic Director, the GM will develop short and long-term plans, manage the daily business operations, and will support the company in executing on its artistic objectives. This role is a full-time, salaried position.
This role is broken into two key areas of responsibility: Financial Management and Management & Administration. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervising all financial matters, transactions and reports
- Developing annual budgets for presentation to the Board of Directors jointly with the MT Space AD
- Monitoring and controlling revenues and expenditures to ensure that approved budgetary guidelines are maintained
- Identifying potential problems and shortfalls in the budget and working with the Board and AD to implement solutions
- Providing updates to the Financial and Infrastructure & Sustainability committees
- Managing the grant and funding end-to-end application process including:
- identifying potential sources of funding
- monitoring the grant application schedule
- working with the Artistic Directors and staff to prepare grant applications for all funding bodies
- managing the grant requirements to ensure the company meets all ongoing conditions and obligations including reporting
Management & Administration
- Managing all MT Space programs, including the IMPACT festival, the production and touring of MT Space shows, the presenting series, the Newcomer Youth and Young Company programs, and the professional workshops series
- Preparing and negotiating all employment contracts on behalf of the MT Space. The GM will be responsible for managing all staff with the exception of Artistic Associates. This role will also be responsible for coordinating with unions and professional organizations as required.
- Managing general administration for all office operations including budget management, office management, and company operations. The GM will be responsible for lease agreements, utilities, and insurance obligations.
- Managing administration of appropriate box office systems and reporting
- Managing MT Space’s information systems
- Ensuring MT Space’s compliance with federal, provincial and municipal legislations and regulations
- Engaging volunteers and coordinating volunteer efforts
- Facilitating communications with the board and preparing monthly reports
- Overseeing support staff as required
- Managing the operations of marketing and communication strategies
- Minimum three (3) years experience in managing company operations including budgets and administration. A combination of Experience and a Degree or Diploma in a relevant field will also be considered.
- A strong track record of collaboration, leadership and teamwork paired with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder relations skills.
- Experience managing both large-scale operating and small project budgets, as well as budgets that fluctuate year-to-year.
- Strong attention to detail and process oriented.
- Experience leading and developing direct reports.
- Motivated self-starter with an appetite for creating efficiencies and finding creative solutions.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit and/or an arts organization is considered an asset.
- A genuine commitment to the principles of equal opportunity, cultural diversity, and broadening access to the arts.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Deadline for submissions is Friday, June 29th, 2018.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.