Website Mirvish Productions
Mirvish Productions is the premier name in Toronto Theatre, bringing musicals, dramas, comedies and more to the theatre stage for over 50 years.
POSITION: MARKETING MANAGER
REPORTING TO: GENERAL MANAGER
JOB PURPOSE: TO MANAGE MARKETING CAMPAIGN FOR A MAJOR THEATRICAL PRODUCTION AND PROVIDE SUPPORT TO THE MARKETING AND TICKETING TEAMS
SPECIFIC ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
· Absolute discretion and due care of confidential information and materials is key to the effective performance of this role.
· A clear and concise communication style with people at all levels and excellent spelling and grammar are essential.
· An understanding and experience of working in the commercial theatre market or a major not-for-profit theatre company.
· Excellent attention to detail, proven copywriting and proof-reading experience.
· Experience working with an international franchise and related partners is preferred.
· Thorough understanding of marketing campaigns, digital marketing environments, social media trends and press strategies.
Marketing, Ticketing, Brand Management & Merchandise
· To develop and oversee marketing strategies for a major commercial theatrical production.
· Working under the direction of the Director of Communications and Sales, and reporting to the General Manager; collaborate with the senior publicist, media manager, social media coordinator and the ticketing teams to develop an overall, cohesive marketing strategy.
· To collaborate with and support international marketing, social media and ticketing teams for the producers’ international partners
· Brief and manage internal and external creative agencies and ensure delivery of artwork and marketing collateral within agreed brand guidelines, budgets and time scales.
· Establish and maintain relationships with key franchise partners.
· Evaluate campaigns, including statistical analysis from box office systems, audience insights, pixel tracking and google analytics.
· Liaise closely with the press and content teams to oversee and communicate the strategy in tandem with the marketing campaign.
· Ensure that the positioning and messaging of the campaign is always in keeping with the overall tone of the production across all platforms.
· Liaise with the publicity team in the preparing of program, brochures and billing boards for the production, ensuring that all contractual obligations are fulfilled, that all material is approved by various partners, that all material is fully proofed and that all spelling and punctuation is correct.
· Regularly update the global activity calendar, ensuring smooth integration of marketing campaigns worldwide.
– Provide administrative support to the producers’ International Marketing and Ticketing teams as required.
– Prepare paperwork for relevant meetings and minutes as required.
– Ensure that departmental filing is kept up to date.
– Contribute to the development and maintenance of office systems for the smooth and efficient running of the marketing team and wider department.
– Contribute to the creation of robust processes to streamline the efficiencies of the marketing department.
– Assist with the organisation of and be present at marketing and events activities, including charity galas and Q&A events.
– Be present at performances, events and meetings as required.
– Any other duties as required by management.
– Complete all duties in a timely manner.
– Work as part of a team, covering other team members during illness and holiday.
– Excellent literacy plus basic math skills and IT knowledge.
– Expert knowledge of excel is desirable.
– Evening and weekend work will be required at times.
– A minimum of 5 years experience working in a theatre environment and/or a related degree is desirable.
As this role will involve access to confidential and commercially sensitive information, it is essential that all such information is kept confidential.