Website The Civic Theatre - Nelson Civic Theatre Society
Nelson's Community-Centric Cinema and Cultural Media Arts Centre
The Civic Theatre is seeking a Marketing Director, responsible for ensuring that our marketing and communications across our organization, programs and services.
You are a natural communicator, with a fluent understanding of the elements that enable excellence in marketing and customer experience. You operate with a growth mindset, and support maintaining and growing a supportive and collaborative work environment for staff and volunteers, while seeking excellence in communication and service standards. You have great interpersonal skills and a good sense of humour, and model a high standard for all staff and volunteers in professionalism, organization, scheduling, attention to detail, diplomacy, and communication.
Reporting to the Executive Director and other senior staff, you manage all areas of marketing and public relations for The Civic Theatre, including:
- Directing marketing and audience development campaigns to increase membership, attendance at all Civic Theatre events and programs, and higher per-head concession sales, including brand management. You will monitor sales, forecast revenue, and provide analysis of sales throughout the season. You will design and execute timely and effective initiatives to address any events that experience lagging sales in a committed effort to achieve attendance and revenue goals.
- Supporting our capital campaign strategy and material design and dissemination, as we work towards our fundraising goal of $4.5 Million to develop our venue into a three-screen centre.
- Supporting our Kootenay Screen Based Industry economic initiative by partnering with program staff to grow communication about their activities.
- Direction of systems and software to support the achievement of the goals above, primarily civictheatre.ca, our social media and newsletter, but also advising on all software connected to sales and analysis.
- Working with Civic Theatre staff and departments to achieve these goals. You will support Front of House and other sales and customer service team members in providing excellent service and initiating upsells where appropriate.
- Building relationships with a wide variety of community stakeholders to grow partnerships and shared value surrounding Civic Theatre programming and engagement initiatives.
The Marketing Director role touches many facets of our organization. We are looking for someone with the following knowledge, skills and abilities, but would consider workplace training for the right candidate with the majority of these attributes.
- Knowledge of integrated marketing strategy and sales planning processes, including customer profile development, sales funnels, revenue forecasting, pricing, budget planning, and analysis.
- Knowledge of audience development planning,
- Familiarity with the process of brand and key message development.
- Familiarity with sponsorship management.
- Current knowledge of the online media landscape, including website UX, inbound marketing, design strategies, SEO and other trends and developments.
- Familiarity with non-profit organizational culture and/or independent cinema operations, especially in the areas of theatre, programming and/or festival marketing, and community outreach and/or fundraising.
- Strong systems thinker and strategic planner.
- Skilled at setting goals and objectives and prioritizing what work needs to be done to meet those goals.
- Solid administrative, collaborative and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to write a compelling press release and pitch successfully to media prospects.
- Proficient with computers, equipment and technology, including MS Office and Google Docs programs, graphic design software, WordPress, social media platforms, web-based productivity, and communication and research tools.
- Additional IT knowledge is an asset.
- Proven ability to be adaptable and to respond proactively to change.
- Ability to empower and engage others through a values-based and collaborative approach.
- Demonstrates understanding of the “big picture” of NCTS’ organizational development, while attending to the essential details for operational success.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop timelines, change priorities as needed and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates work/life balance.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work autonomously, take initiative, set priorities, organize work, and make independent decisions.
- Related education and/or marketing experience in a service-oriented industry.
- A passion for great customer service.
- The ability to work legally in Canada.
- Non-profit and/or cultural industry experience is an asset.
Nelson Civic Theatre Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To support employment equity and diversity in the workplace, we welcome applications from all people, including women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com by August 31, 2019.