Are you a theatre professional with experience in artist contracting? Do you seek a new role that supports a wide range of professional theatre companies across Canada in the creation and production of their work? Do you like a fast-paced, collegial and challenging environment? Do you find discussions of the CTA or ITA fascinating?
PACT’s Labour Relations Manager is responsible for strategic and operational planning and management of the association’s labour relations program under the direction of the Executive Director and working in collaboration with other staff, Board and volunteers. This is a full-time, salaried position to start as soon as possible, and will appeal to a mature individual with 5 to 10 years’ experience in live theatre production.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director and Director with the Labour Relations Portfolio, creation of strategic directions for the labour relations program;
- Leadership in the management of effective negotiations of the four (CAEA, PGC, ADC, APASQ) collective agreements in close collaboration with the Executive Director and the Director with the Labour Relations Portfolio;
- Administering and supporting all negotiating teams along with volunteer leadership;
- Ensuring efficient implementation of all agreements and provision of ongoing support to the membership in the explication and interpretation of the agreements;
- Representing PACT in dispute resolution, industry committees, and in sector activities and engagement around labour relations;
- Acting as information manager and a conduit, as appropriate, for information about health and safety standards, provincial and federal employment standards acts and legislation, and other information as pertains to labour relations; and
- Participation in the development of organizational strategic and operating plans and special projects as they apply to labour relations.
The successful candidate will have
- At least 5 years of experience in a professional theatre environment as a producer, administration, production manager or other role engaged in artist contracting and staff management;
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- Expertise in volunteer management
- Management experience in negotiating and managing collective agreements would be ideal.
This position offers a competitive compensation package ($50-$65,000 per year plus benefits).
The Professional Association of Canadian Theatres (PACT) is a member-driven organization of professional Canadian theatres which serves as the collective voice of its members. For the betterment of Canadian theatre, PACT provides leadership, national representation and a variety of programs and practical assistance to member companies, enabling members to do their own creative work. We aim to be a responsive organization, cognizant of the needs of our members and the community as a whole in order to offer programs and services that benefit our community.
PACT strives to be representative of the true breadth of professional theatre in this country, and work to make sure we are an inclusive organization that provides value for all theatre companies in Canada
The Professional Association of Canadian Theatres is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
Compensation: This is a full-time position with competitive salary ($50-65,000 per year) plus employee group benefits.
Deadline: Applications to be received by 5:30pm EST, September 29, 2017.
Submissions by email only: Please send your resume, with a covering letter as well as three references (all in PDF format please) with the subject line “Application for Labour Relations Manager” to Executive Director, Sara Meurling – email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.