STATUS: Full-time permanent
The Grand Theatre brings the world to London, Ontario with diverse, relevant, and original stories from around the globe, and through collaborations with exceptional national and international performing arts organizations. And we bring London to the world stage with a commitment to developing, producing, and premiering new, original homegrown stories through COMPASS, a new play development program. The Grand’s commitment to educational programming and youth mentorship is exemplified by The High School Project, the only project of its kind in North America.
The Grand is seeking a dynamic and innovative sales and marketing professional with a passion to connect and cultivate growth and engagement as the Sales & Partnerships Manager. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the position is responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive sales campaigns and partnership procurement including but not limited to groups, schools, and corporate sales.
The Sales & Partnerships Manager has revenue responsibility for achieving annual group sales targets and for developing new opportunities to build the group sales and partnerships pipeline. The position is responsible for cultivating and soliciting all potential group clients including but not limited to students, youth organizations, seniors, tourists, professional groups, corporations and sponsors. As a product manager this position has both marketing and fulfillment responsibilities for achieving group sales goals including:
• Represent the organization as a dynamic and innovative ambassador;
• Develop marketing strategies that are results oriented, target business objectives, and maximize revenue opportunities;
• Strengthen existing and identify and build new corporate and community relationships;
• Enhance and manage the GT experience for hundreds of groups each season;
• Establish and attain annual group ticket sales and revenue goals;
• Develop, execute and provide reporting for strategic and integrated campaigns, aligned with overall marketing and communications objectives and strategies, that promote sales and promotional partnership plans;
• Create partnership proposals and presentations;
• Submit a monthly report to Director of Marketing, summarizing progress toward financial/activity targets
• Ensure the timely and accurate flow of inter- and cross-departmental information pertinent to role;
• Ensure website is current with group sales messaging;
• Develop and maintain relationships with sponsors involved in group purchase events and serve as group sales liaison to corporate sponsors;
• Book and manage on-site group sales ticketing at event and corporate locations;
• Develop and process group sales agreements and orders;
• Co-create dynamic and professional marketing materials to support sales initiatives;
• Maintain a current and accurate groups database including researching, acquiring and maintaining group mailing lists obtained through purchases, list trades, or research;
• Track group sales through Tessitura ticketing system and produce weekly sales reports and follows up on past-due accounts;
• Host group sales events, attend functions, events, trade shows, and performances as required to increase the visibility of group sales programs;
• Manage backstage tours for groups and liaise with the Patron Service Manager in the training and scheduling of tour volunteers;
• Work with the Education Coordinator and Box Office to book and coordinate Student Matinee performances and collateral required;
• Create and manage group pricing grids and ongoing opportunities for dynamic pricing;
• Assist in general Marketing initiatives as required by the Director of Marketing.
Qualified candidates will have:
• Post-secondary education in marketing, business, or communications;
• 3-5 years experience in marketing or sales;
• Strong strategic planning skills;
• A proven track record of achieving revenue targets;
• Experience in writing and editing sales/marketing materials;
• Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team, while setting and managing multiple priorities;
• Exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation, and public-speaking skills;
• Highly developed relationship building, networking, and sales skills;
• Highly organized and professional self-starter;
• Experience with sales tracking software and ticketing systems;
• Experience and proficiency in coordinating special events;
• Experience in the arts or related field is highly desirable;
• Ability to work evenings and weekends for performances or events;
• Proficiency in numerous operating environments, software, web applications including Tessitura, Windows, Outlook, Microsoft Office;
• The candidate will embrace and participate in an environment that encourages respect, open communication, a proactive approach to problem solving and reflects organizational values.
Submit a letter of interest and CV by email to Liana Sanders, Director of Marketing, via email@example.com by Friday, Nov. 30, 2018. Please note “Sales & Partnerships Manager Application” as the subject line.
No telephone inquiries, please. We thank everyone who applies, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information, visit www.grandtheatre.com
In our desire to reflect the world and our community in all areas of our work, the Grand Theatre is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, race, or gender identity.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.