Under the leadership of Artistic Director Dennis Garnhum and Executive Director Deb Harvey, the Grand is a leading cultural hub proudly located in the heart of downtown London, Ontario. The Grand offers diverse, relevant, and original stories from around the globe through collaborations with national and international performing arts organizations and is committed to developing, producing, and premiering original homegrown stories through COMPASS, a New Play Development Program. The Grand supports educational programming and youth mentorship such as The High School Project, the only program of its kind in North America, and 100 Schools, a new community initiative that brings professional theatre to London-area schools in 2018 at no cost.
The Grand is seeking a dynamic and experienced Communications Manager. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Communications Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive communications plans for both institutional and programmatic initiatives, as well as production of various publications, that will drive audience engagement and loyalty.
PR & Media Relations
- Strategize, execute, and report results for institutional and programmatic communications plans, aligned with brand and marketing objectives.
- Manage all internal and external communications to secure positive, extensive, and comprehensive media coverage across all platforms.
- Initiate, foster, and maintain relationships with local, regional, and national media. Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive media list.
- Assess and engage with media landscape and theatre industry to remain current and identify opportunities.
- Engage creative teams to identify and develop content.
- Manage all media inquiries including interviews, press conferences, media calls, etc.
- Host media at all opening night performances and special events as needed.
- Write, curate, and edit all communications materials including press releases, collateral material copy, pitch letters, as well as interview talking points and Q&As.
- Ensure the timely and accurate flow of inter- and cross-departmental information pertinent to role.
- Provide proofing services for communications across the organization to ensure accuracy, clarity, and consistency.
- Engage and manage photographers, videographers, and PR interns as required.
- Keep current and adhere to the Canadian Theatre Agreement (CTA) as it pertains to PR and publicity.
- Develop strategic and integrated social media campaigns, aligned with overall marketing and communications objectives and strategies.
- Supervise Digital Media Coordinator in the development of multi-media content for all online channels including social media, e-marketing, and website.
- Manage social media (publishing calendar, schedule posts, curate content, engage with patrons and partners, monitor networks for brand mentions and keywords, craft responses, engage organization to build content, optimize social media posts).
- Develop and monitor ad campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Track and report on analytics.
- Project manage the production of all house programs, including establishing a production schedule, working with key stakeholders in creating and curating content, editing and approvals process, and working with creative agency and print vendor.
- Produce the Annual Report.
- Curate and maintain content for the website including media room.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Post-secondary education in communications, PR or marketing
- Minimum of 3-5 years of similar experience in the performing arts or a related field
- Knowledge and understanding of the arts sector an asset
Successful candidates will possess exceptional leadership skills and have the demonstrated ability to:
- Represent the organization as a dynamic and innovative ambassador;
- Create and execute strategic communications, media relations, public relations, and social media initiatives;
- Create dynamic and professional communications materials;
- Possess a strong, working knowledge of digital media;
- Manage multiple priorities to ensure work is completed in a timely and productive manner;
- Communicate effectively and persuasively in oral and written communications and presentations;
- Exercise professional discretion and confidentiality;
- Proficiency in numerous operating environments, software, social media and web applications;
- Highly organized and professional self-starter with exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Attend functions and performances as required;
- The candidate will embrace and participate in an environment that encourages respect, open communication, a proactive approach to problem solving and reflects organizational values.
Submit a letter of interest and CV by email only to Liana Sanders, Director of Marketing, via email@example.com by Monday, June 18, 2018.
Please note “Communications Manager Application” as the subject line.
In our desire to reflect the world and our community in all areas of our work, the Grand Theatre is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, race, or gender identity. We thank everyone who applies however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please. All applications are considered confidential.