Website Globe Theatre
Globe Theatre is a national centre of excellence in the production of theatre in-the-round, the development of new work, professional training for actors, and theatre education for children and adults.
Reporting to the Artistic Director, the Theatre School Director oversees the artistic direction of the Theatre School including staff training, program development, and grant writing for year-round multi-disciplinary theatre classes and specialized workshops. The Theatre School Director works closely with the Theatre School Coordinator, the Theatre School Outreach Facilitator, Marketing, Production and Administrative staff.
- Program, schedule and budget for year-round Theatre Creation Classes
- Oversee the development and growth of Theatre School Outreach and community based partnership projects, including budget development, tracking, grant writing and reporting
- Manage the LAUNCH Youth Performance festival program & partnership
- Manage Professional Development workshops and mentorship for artists & students
- Oversee the hiring, training, contracting and mentorship of all Theatre School staff
- Handle classroom management concerns, communicating with teachers & parents
- Develop Theatre School marketing plans
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- An effective communicator with strong oral and written skills
- A team player who thrives in a creative, collaborative environment
- Enjoy working with people and youth and be responsive to the dynamics of an educational environment
Knowledge & Experience Required
- BFA, BEd, or equivalent professional experience in the Arts, Arts Administration, or Arts Education administration experience
- Basic computer, budgeting and grant writing skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing staff
Globe Theatre is Saskatchewan’s largest performing arts organization with an annual operating budget of $4.4 million. Located in the historic Prince Edward Building in downtown Regina, Globe Theatre is Canada’s only permanent theatre-in-the-round. The theatre presents a six main stage series as well as a second stage series that showcases new work and emerging artists. Globe Theatre School offers multi-disciplinary theatre classes for children, teens and adults, a professional actor training program and apprenticeships. Globe encourages a team-oriented environment where the efforts of all employees are focused on supporting the art.
Interested individuals should email a cover letter and resume in confidence by Monday January 22, 2018 to:
Artistic Director and CEO
1801 Scarth Street, Regina, SK S4P 2G9
Globe Theatre would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.