Website Academy Theatre for Performing Arts
General Manager at the Academy Theatre for Performing Arts
Application Deadline: March 31, 2018
Salary: $71,000 annually
Location: Lindsay, Ontario
The Academy Theatre for Performing Arts is a not-for-profit performance venue that presents both professional and community productions in theatre, music, and dance.
The Board of Directors of the Academy Theatre for Performing Arts is pleased to announce that they are hiring a full-time general manager. The successful candidate will report to the Board of Directors and its committees, and assume the senior administrative role in the overall management of the organization. This position requires demonstrated interest in the arts and arts management and includes direct responsibility for strategic plan implementation, day-to-day management of the theatre, human resource and financial planning and management, business development and promotion, and risk management.
- completion of an Arts Management Program at the post-secondary level
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- excellent grasp of Social Media Marketing
- strong understanding of budget preparation and fiscal management
- proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- experience in a performing arts venue would be considered an asset
- develop annual operating and specific activity budgets
- manage the day-to-day operations of the box office and the venue
- manage all theatre staff and contract workers
- liaise and negotiate with production companies to plan programming in conjunction with the Programming Committee
- maintain an effective and current Internet and social media presence
- undertake marketing in conjunction with the Marketing Committee
- network with community organizations and the public
- actively seek opportunities through grant and proposal writing to increase financial assets
- oversee the maintenance of the building and technical equipment in consultation with the Facility Committee
- supervise volunteers as needed
- ensure that the theatre meets legislated requirements as a public venue
- maintain an office environment which is efficient, organized, and friendly
- other duties as assigned
How to Apply:
All resumes should be mailed to Ms. Loretta Kingston, Administrative Assistant of the Academy Theatre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submissions is midnight Saturday, March 31, 2018.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.