Website The Grove Theatre
The Grove Theatre is a new professional theatre company located in Fenelon Falls, Ontario. In 2020, The Grove Theatre built a 450-seat outdoor amphitheater for the purposes of annual summer mainstage productions as well as touring concerts and local community use. The Grove Theatre’s first professional theatrical season will begin in July 2021.
The General Manager position offers an opportunity for a gifted arts administrator to join a rapidly growing organization – a place where they can bring their developed nonprofit management skills to a space that truly values their expertise and perspective. There is an opportunity for the General Manager to grow with this well-supported, burgeoning theatre company.
The General Manager role offers a highly organized, self-directed, and collaboration-minded individual the opportunity to oversee the finance, administrative, operations, HR, facilities, information technology, and fundraising aspects of a fledgling company that will become a significant cornerstone operation within the City of Kawartha Lakes. This is a senior leadership position working closely with the Artistic Director and the Executive Committee in managing, steering and shaping the company in a time of exciting growth.
The General Manager plays an important role in guiding all aspects of operations within the organization and requires an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats.
The General Manager’s responsibilities include:
– Programming management
– Financial management
– Operational & facilities management
The Grove Theatre is a growing organization with a small staff. Employees will be called upon to wear many hats to accomplish goals and meet important deadlines.
Ideal candidates will have:
– Education: College diploma. Degree in arts administration preferred.
– Minimum of 5 years experience in a wide range of management areas within an arts organization.
– 3+ years experience in a leadership role professional theatre or similar capacity
– Strong organizational, analytical, computer and research skills
– Experience working with management and artists with diplomacy and professionalism
– Demonstrated ability to work successfully with Board members and community leaders collaboratively
– Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
– Proven ability to lead multiple teams simultaneously
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a full time position. Salary range $40,000-$50,000 per year commensurate with experience. Work location and hours are flexible and open for discussion. There is an expectation of being onsite during the summer months.
How to apply
Please submit a PDF of your resume, accompanied by a cover letter that explains why you are qualified for this position. Use the opportunity to share something of yourself that we won’t get from your resume alone. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.