Driven by a passion to serve its audiences in bold and innovative ways, Gateway Theatre enriches the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding artistic programs and serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts.
Gateway’s staff is an eclectic team with multifaceted expertise. As a group we take risks, we empower, we go beyond, we listen. At Gateway we embrace difference as something that challenges our understanding and stretches us to grow. So, if you won’t settle for the expected, you have found your crew.
Reporting to the Patron Services Manager, the Box Office Supervisor is a personable, detail oriented individual responsible for day-to-day box office and ticketing operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Selling tickets, processing course registrations, and soliciting donations at the box office, by email and by phone
- Outbound sales calling
- Responding to patron inquiries at the box office, by email and by phone
- Preparing box office reports as required by the Patron Services department
- Reconciling cash, debit and credit sales each day
- Handling confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Representing Gateway Theatre in a professional, welcoming, and inclusive manner
- Basic reception duties including welcoming visitors to the facility and directing inquiries to admin staff as required
Experience, Qualifications & Attributes:
- Fluency in English, both oral and written
- Cantonese or Mandarin language skills are an asset, but not required
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- An adaptable attitude and a desire to learn and develop
- Ability to listen to concerns and respond to challenges with creativity and generosity
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience with inclusion, equity and anti-oppression
- Ability to move between independent self-directed tasks and collaborative work
- Excellent computer skills and comfort with technology
- Experience in customer service or sales, handling cash and balancing a till
- Experience with POS systems or ticketing software
- Experience working with or overseeing volunteers
Candidates with relevant, transferable skills who do not exactly meet the above specification are encouraged to apply.
Gateway Theatre strives to be an equitable and inclusive workplace. We value an open and diverse community that fosters the inclusion of many different voices. We encourage applications from members of communities that have been marginalized based on sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, or status as an Indigenous person.
Please note any required accommodations in your cover letter.
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to Greg Bricknell Koncan – firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline 9am August 11.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.gatewaytheatre.com.