Reporting to the Executive Director, the Production Services Manager oversees the realization of the logistical, staging and technical elements of projects at Gateway, on and off our stages. They are a key member of the administrative team, working most closely with the artistic, rentals, education and patron services staff in ensuring the effective execution of performances and events, as well as playing a role on the management team. Candidates may come to this position with a background in events production, in stage management, in technical theatre or similar/related environments.
Responsibilities will include
– Leading the activities of the department team (union & non-union workers)
– Establishing and managing department budgets
– Participating in season planning
– Managing and/or supporting the realisation of produced and presented shows and events at Gateway
– Ensuring the maintenance of performance-related spaces and equipment
– Planning the long-term technical equipment needs of the facility
For more detailed information, a draft job description is available on our website.
Experience & Qualifications
Candidates with relevant, transferable skills who do not exactly meet the below are encouraged to apply.
– Approximately three to five years’ experience overseeing the execution of artistic events
– Demonstrated skills as an effective manager of people in union and non-union environments
– Broad understanding of technical theatre and/or events
– Experience creating, monitoring and adhering to budgets, production calendars, and schedules
– Diplomacy and tact in negotiating and mediating artistic and technical discussions
– Familiarity with reading a script or an event proposal to assess staffing, budgeting and design needs
– Good computer skills, including competence with Excel and knowledge of industry-specific software
– Experience reading ground plans, light plots, and other theatrical specifications a plus
– Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
– Strong interpersonal, leadership and relationship-building skills
– Proven ability to think strategically, to manage others and to delegate work
– Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and allocate time and resources
– An adaptive, innovative and flexible approach to work
– A personal commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion learning and practices
– An enthusiasm for working collaboratively with diverse individuals and in team settings
– A commitment to both community-engaged and fully professional arts shows and events
– Legally able to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship, permanent residency or existing open work permit)
Please visit our website for application details, thank you.
To apply for this job please visit www.gatewaytheatre.com.