Driven by a passion to serve its audiences in bold and innovative ways, Gateway Theatre enriches the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding artistic offerings and by serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts. To achieve our organizational mission and connect with the changing population of Richmond, we employ staff with eclectic and multifaceted expertise. As a group we take risks, we empower, we go beyond, we listen. We embrace difference as something that challenges our understanding and provokes our growth. So, if you won’t settle for the expected, you have found your crew.
This position is for someone who is an excellent writer and a storyteller, excited to tell Gateway Theatre’s story and engage its audiences and donors through a variety of mediums: website, blog posts, e-news, social media platforms, direct mail campaigns, videos or in-person events. It is for someone who loves to combine passion for content creation with marketing and data driven analytics, and who is focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience.
A person in this role considers Gateway Theatre’s content holistically and shapes it in the way that can influence people’s experiences with the Gateway’s overall brand.
There is opportunity for this position to work partially in the Gateway Theatre office and partially remotely from home.
Responsibilities will include:
• Content development for omnichannel campaigns that will result in audience engagement, donor acquisition and retention and ultimately expand and diversify the base of support for Gateway Theatre.
• Align marketing and fundraising messaging and content creation to achieve audience and donor engagement, new donor acquisition, retention, and a smooth, consistent customer experience
• Craft appropriate marketing and fund development messages, copy, and online campaigns for pre-determined audience segments
• Research, analyze, and report on audience and fund development trends, and suggest strategies that harness these established and emergent opportunities for omnichannel engagement
• Manage and oversee Google Search Console, Analytics, and Google Ads Grant account
• Evaluate the effectiveness of ongoing campaigns
• Research private foundations for grant opportunities, and keep track of upcoming deadlines
• Write and assist in execution of the Individual Giving and Corporate Sponsorship initiatives
The Associate, Marketing and Fund Development is a member of the fully integrated Audience and Revenue Development team and reports to both the Marketing Manager and Manager of Strategic Partnerships. The position assigns tasks to the Coordinator, Marketing and Fund Development.
What Background will you need?
• Experience in the non-profit, value-based or cause-related digital marketing or fundraising.
• Familiarity with CRM systems.
• Experience in campaign measurement, evaluation, SEO, analytics and consumer insights.
• Demonstrated creativity and superior written and oral marketing/fundraising communication skills.
• Experience in developing both digital and traditional marketing/fundraising content (solicitation letters, blog posts, web content, and social media content).
• Sound ability to analyze, plan, initiate and complete projects on time.
• Ability to multi-task with exceptional attention to detail while remaining outcome oriented.
• Ability to take initiative in a collaborative or independent setting.
• Advanced computer literacy and social media skills.
• Client relationship management.
• A quick learner ready to continue developing skills and creating accomplishments in their work.
What will you bring to the team?
• A results-based, process-oriented focus to enhance Gateway’s marketing and fund development programs.
• An engaging and skilled approach to working with Gateway leadership, varying levels of staff, consultants, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
• The ability to work with virtual teams and to independently manage your work to completion.
• An honest, open, diplomatic approach when relating to others.
• The willingness and flexibility to learn and tackle new challenges.
• The motivation to have fun, enjoy your work and be part of a team.
• Chinese language skills are an asset.
NOTE: Candidates with relevant, transferable skills who do not exactly meet the above specification are encouraged to apply
· Legally able to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship, permanent residency or existing open work permit)
· Demonstrated experience with inclusion, equity and anti-oppression
· COVID-19 Vaccination: by the first day of work, the successful applicant must be at least seven days past having received all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada
Gateway Theatre strives to be an equitable and inclusive workplace. We value an open and diverse community that fosters the inclusion of many different voices. We encourage applications from members of communities that have been marginalized based on sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, or status as an Indigenous person. Please note any required accommodations in your cover letter.
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to Wendy Tsui, Marketing Manager, at email@example.com with the subject line “Associate, Marketing and Fund Development”. Application Deadline: by 5PM, December 10, 2021. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted in January 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.