Website Gateway Theatre
Gateway Theatre enriches the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding professional theatre and serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts. Incorporated in 1982, Gateway has grown into one of the largest professional theatre companies in the Lower Mainland. We serve the community through professional live theatre productions, theatre education for youth, and community venue rentals.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Patron Services Manager oversees patron-focused activities including box office and audience services, plus the company’s occupational health and safety program. Responsibilities include:
· Direct oversight of all ticketing activities including managing the team of part time box office attendants
· Act as the primary point-person for all TheatreManager matters
· Manage the Audience Services Supervisor with respect to front of house and concession services and the activities of her part-time staff and volunteers
· Oversight, maintenance and development of Gateway’s occupational, health and safety program
· Participate as a member of the Management Team
· At least 1-3 years’ experience in event management or performing arts management
· Experience with ticketing software
· An understanding of public event operations, particularly the patron-facing activities
· Excellent customer service and organizational skills
· Strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, keep track of details and meet deadlines
· Proven ability to hire, supervise, develop and evaluate staff
· A collaborative, innovative and flexible approach to work
Any offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory documentation demonstrating that the candidate is legally permitted to work in Canada (Canadian citizenship, Permanent Residency or current open work permit).
$48,000 to $50,000 per annum plus an extended health package and pension plan.
Please email your resume and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to Camilla Tibbs, firstname.lastname@example.org; deadline 22 April 2019 at noon.
Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity and request that any required accommodations be noted cover letters. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.