Website Gateway Theatre
Gateway Theatre enriches the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding professional theatre and serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts. Incorporated in 1982, Gateway has grown into one of the largest professional theatre companies in the Lower Mainland and is under the artistic leadership of Jovanni Sy. We serve the community through professional live theatre productions, theatre education for youth, and community venue rentals.
Reporting to the Marketing & Sales Manager and working closely with the Marketing Associate, the Marketing Assistant will help research, plan and execute department priorities. This includes two MainStage shows and a Studio show, the subscription campaign, the Academy marketing materials and other projects. The position is temporary full-time (mid- Jan. – end of June 2018). Hours of work are office hours with occasional evenings and weekends. Compensation is $16. per hour.
Experience & Qualifications
– Superior written and oral communication skills
– Superior detail orientation and organizational skills
– Proficiency with MS Word and Excel
– Ability to work independently
– An enthusiasm for the performing arts
– Aged under 30 as of 30 Jun 2018 (funding requirement)
– Verbal or written fluency in Mandarin and/or Cantonese
– Post-secondary training in Marketing or Communications
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to email@example.com. Deadline December 14th.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity and request that any required accommodations be noted in cover letters.
We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted