Website Gateway Theatre
Gateway is broadening our perspective on the role we play in our community. We are exploring new relationships, new ways of thinking about ourselves, and new ways of working. This is a gradual process of questioning, testing, and evolving; it is not a wholesale change, but it has informed the kind of artistic leader we seek. We are in search of a producer and programmer who is eager to work collaboratively to build on past success and continue to redefine the way the venue relates to the Richmond and Lower Mainland community.
Gateway Theatre strives to be an equitable and inclusive workplace. We value an open and diverse community that fosters the inclusion of many different voices. We encourage applications from members of communities that have been marginalized based on sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, or status as an Indigenous person.
Although posted as a full-time role for one person, we are open to considering alternative models for filling this position and encourage candidates to pitch any nonstandard visions they might have.
Anticipated start is early spring 2020.
The Director of Artistic Programs is the senior artistic staff person at Gateway Theatre. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Artistic Programs is responsible for creating effective opportunities for community engagement at all levels of the performing arts, including the planning and execution of artistic, educational and community-focused programs at Gateway Theatre.
Scope of Responsibility
The role includes
– Selecting season shows and peripheral events
– Overseeing the execution of productions
– Overseeing Gateway’s education department
– Initiating and overseeing community engagement projects and programs
– Fundraising, financial, board, human resources and administrative functions
– A commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and broadening access to the arts
– A passion for theatre and the performing arts at all levels, from community to professional
– A track record as a leader in a traditional or non-traditional context
– An enthusiasm for the adaptive planning process being undertaken at Gateway as an ongoing way of working
For more details about the opportunity and the desired skills and attributes, plus information on how to apply, visit http://gatewaytheatre.com/DAP.pdf to download a detailed applicant package.
Deadline 5pm, 13th December 2019.
To apply for this job please visit gatewaytheatre.com.