Website Gateway Theatre
Gateway Theatre enriches the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding professional theatre and serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts. Incorporated in 1982, Gateway has grown into one of the largest professional theatre companies in the Lower Mainland. We serve the community through professional live theatre productions, theatre education for youth, and community venue rentals.
Reporting to Interim Producer and the Executive Director, the Artistic Associate has the following primary areas of responsibility:
· Acting as the main point of contact for artists working at Gateway
· Drafting artistic contracts and acting as a liaison between Gateway Theatre, PACT, and CAEA
· Assisting the Artistic Director with season planning, casting and engagement with the artistic community
· Working closely with the Marketing and Sales, Development, Education, and Production departments
The position is a fixed term: Sept. 9, 2019 to Sept 4, 2020. Hours of work are office hours with occasional evenings and weekends. Compensation is $40,000.
Experience & Qualifications
· A thorough knowledge of professional performing arts practice with specific reference to actors, directors, playwrights, designers, and other artists and practitioners working in the Lower Mainland and across Canada
· Excellent organizational abilities and immaculate attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Computer skills – particularly competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Knowledge of the CTA and DOT agreements is an asset
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the position to Barbara Tomasic email@example.com
Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity and request that any required accommodations be noted in cover letters. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline 2 August 2019
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.