Are you a talented, forward-thinking, risk tolerant marketing and development professional with a passion for creativity and excellence? Does building new audiences and supporters for a diverse and vibrant Canadian theatre company excite you? If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, we would love for you to consider this outstanding opportunity at Factory Theatre!
Factory Theatre seeks a determined and results-driven marketing and development professional who will help the company achieve their long term strategic goals. The Director of Marketing and Development is a key member of a high-performing, collaborative administrative team. Reporting to the Managing Director, and working closely with board committees and executive management, the Director of Marketing and Development is a key role for the generation of earned and philanthropic revenue at Factory Theatre.
Direct Reports: Marketing Officer, Development Officer, Patron Services Manager
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
· Spearhead the operational planning of the Marketing, Development and Parton Services departments to maximize revenue generation and increase patron loyalty;
· Set and manage budgets for Marketing, Development, and Patron Services departments;
· Lead the stewardship of major donors as well as foundation and corporate gifts with Artistic Director, Managing Director, Development Officer, and board members;
· Manage creative and strategic direction of Development initiatives, including individual giving campaigns, donor prospecting, and solicitation, and;
· Strengthen subscriber retention and acquisition through dedicated attention to patron services and marketing strategies;
· Lead in negotiation of contracts with suppliers with Managing Director and relevant staff, including negotiating opportunities for in-kind support;
· Lead in development of season and production marketing imagery with Artistic Director and Managing Director;
· Guide Marketing staff in the creation of compelling stories around Factory productions, outreach initiatives, artist training, and new work development programs;
· Strengthen and maintain Factory’s audience development and educational outreach activities;
· Provide oversight for the production and distribution of all Marketing and Development materials, including web content, season brochures, annual reports, email marketing, advertising and social media.
The responsibilities listed above address the key duties of this position, other duties may be requested as necessary
This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive compensation and benefit package. Normal work hours are Monday – Friday, 9 – 6, and weekend and evening work as required by events and show openings.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and skills in the following areas:
· Minimum five years of related marketing and fundraising experience, achieving increasing annual revenue goals;
· Post-secondary education or equivalent, ideally in one or more of the following areas: marketing, fundraising, communications, or arts administration;
· Demonstrated success in achieving innovative sponsor partnerships that provide a high return on investment;
· Demonstrated success in building a major and mid-level individual gifts program an asset;
· Knowledge of the not-for-profit environment and an appreciation of the performing arts;
· Demonstrable experience in attracting new audiences to the arts, while driving subscriptions and re-attendance with current audiences;
· Excellent written and oral communication with adaptability for varying audiences;
· A detail-oriented approach with an appreciation for big picture strategy;
· Experience in building and managing a high-functioning and positive team culture;
· A “can-do” attitude and willingness to be flexible and pitch in where needed;
· Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities with a creative flair for copywriting (knowledge of Canadian Press Style an asset);
· Superior proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite an asset, and;
· A passion for the performing arts, with knowledge of the current Toronto theatre/arts community an asset.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: MONDAY, JANUARY 28, 2019, @ 11:55 PM
Please send resume with cover letter in pdf format (please label the pdf with your name: SurnameFirstname.pdf) via email to: email@example.com with the subject line “Director of Marketing and Development”.
Applicants are encouraged to submit as early as possible. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be treated in confidence. For inquiries relating to the position or application process, please contact Managing Director Jonathan Heppner, firstname.lastname@example.org. Factory Theatre is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in its employment practices and in all its work. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Factory’s mission is to enthrall audiences with the imagination of Canadian playwrights and develop the next generation of intercultural theatre artists. Since its founding in 1970, Factory has committed to exclusively produce Canadian plays. Factory has made it an artistic priority to invest in, and showcase Canadian artists who bring their stories to our theatre in Toronto. This has made Factory the home of the Canadian playwright and for over four decades, developing and producing some of the finest theatrical works in our national canon and giving space to some of the most gifted and prolific playwrights in Canada.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.