Reporting to the Managing Director, and working closely with the Artistic Director and Factory’s administrative team, the Associate Producer is responsible for assisting with the day to day management and producing operations of Factory Theatre. Taking responsibility for various projects under their direction, the position will combine producing, venue/facility, and administrative functions. If you are excited by the idea of working at an established not-for-profit theatre company and have a dynamic, can-do attitude, we want you to join our team! This is a full time position and is an ideal early career opportunity for an emerging arts manager or producer.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Acting as company manager for season productions, including contract administration, artist liaison, payment requisitions, and accounts payable.
- Providing assistance to the Managing Director and Artistic Director with season planning and production budgeting.
- Providing assistance to the Managing Director and Artistic Director with the preparation of grant applications and reporting.
- Coordinating and contracting Factory’s rental and event bookings.
- General administrative support to the Managing Director with facility management and operations.
- Participation as a full team member of Factory Theatre and the assumption of responsibility for special projects and committee work as required.
The responsibilities listed above address the key duties of this position, other duties may be requested as necessary.
This is a full-time, permanent position with an annual salary of $45,000 and benefit package. Normal work hours are Monday – Friday, 9 – 6, and weekend and evening work as required by events and show openings.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in an office environment, whether in public, private or non-profit sectors and an interest in the Toronto performing arts and larger cultural community. Skills and experience include:
· Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in a professional theatre company as an administrator or company manager, with some experience in company management, grant writing, project management, financial administration and budgeting, general administrative practice.
· Experience in administration and/or negotiation of union/association agreements (Canadian Actors’ Equity Association, Playwrights Guild of Canada, Associated Designers of Canada etc) is an asset.
· Experience in special event planning is an asset.
· Experience in accounts payable/receivable tracking and collections.
· High professional standard with acute attention to details.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities with a creative flair.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks with accuracy and to establish and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Factory Theatre’s mission is to enthrall audiences with the imagination of Canadian playwrights and develop the next generation of intercultural theatre artists. For almost 50 years, Factory has produced more than 300 productions from some of Canada’s top playwrights and helped launch the careers of countless theatre professionals.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2019, @ 11:55 PM
Please send resume with cover letter in pdf format (please label the pdf with your name: SurnameFirstname.pdf) via email to:
Jonathan Heppner, Managing Director
NOTE TO APPLICANTS:
Applications will be reviewed as they are received; interviews will be held in October with an expected start date in November, 2019. We thank all applicants for their submissions, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be treated in confidence. No telephone inquiries please. Factory Theatre is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in its employment practices and in all its work. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.