Are you a talented, forward-thinking, risk tolerant fundraising professional with a passion for creativity and excellence? Do you enjoy finding ways to create meaningful opportunities for diverse and cutting edge Canadian theatre artists? Do you thrive in a fast paced environment that encourages innovation and experimentation? If you answered yes to any or all of these questions, we would love for you to consider this exciting opportunity at Factory Theatre!
Factory Theatre seeks a determined and savvy development professional who will help the company to achieve their long-term fundraising goals. The Development Officer is a key member of a high-performing, collaborative administrative team. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Development, and working closely with board committees and other administrative staff, the Development Officer is responsible for the execution of fundraising projects and appeals within the full development portfolio as well as managing Factory’s pool of individual donors and prospects.
Key areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
· Executing and reporting on giving including annual individual giving campaigns and collaborating with marketing staff on loyalty and prospecting donors for giving campaigns
· Working with marketing staff to create compelling stories around outreach, training, and new work development programs
· Assisting with the production and distribution of material, including web content, for development programs and events
· Working with the Director of Marketing and Development and front of house staff to find opportunities for in-kind support from suppliers
· Supporting the production of major donor, foundation, and corporate stewardship reports as well as corporate and foundation requests for support
· Collating information for the creation of Factory’s annual report, case for support, and other development publications
· Contributing to strategic planning to maximize development revenue generation and develop materials to support agreed upon strategies
The responsibilities listed above address the key duties of this position, other duties may be requested as necessary
This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive compensation and benefit package. Normal work hours are Monday – Friday, 9 – 6, and weekend and evening work as required by events and show openings.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and skills in the following areas:
· Understanding and familiarization with fundraising management software and/or box office systems;
· Exceptional interpersonal and oral/written communication skills;
· Superior proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite an asset;
· Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills;
· Knowledge of not-for-profit, and preferably arts-focussed fundraising practices and principles, knowledge of CRA legislation regarding fundraising an asset;
· Post-secondary degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience;
· Experience with concept development, planning and execution of annual campaigns and special events;
· A genuine appreciation for theatre, knowledge of Canadian theatre in particular is an asset.
Factory’s mission is to enthrall audiences with the imagination of Canadian playwrights and develop the next generation of intercultural theatre artists. Since its founding in 1970, Factory has committed to exclusively produce Canadian plays. Factory has made it an artistic priority to invest in, and showcase Canadian artists who bring their stories to our theatre in Toronto. This has made Factory the home of the Canadian playwright and for over four decades, developing and producing some of the finest theatrical works in our national canon and giving space to some of the most gifted and prolific playwrights in Canada.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: NOVEMBER 27 2017, @ 11:55 PM.
Please send resume with cover letter in pdf format (please label the pdf with your name: SurnameFirstname.pdf) via email to: email@example.com with the subject line “Development Officer”.
All applications will be treated in confidence. No telephone inquiries please. Factory Theatre is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in its employment practices and in all its work. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates.