Driftwood has some work opportunities coming up early in the new year. We’re hiring a Scenic Carpenter to help us make some live theatre possible in 2022.
Driftwood Theatre is committed to reflecting Canada’s rich diversity in all aspects of our work We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds and will prioritize applicants who identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Colour, Women, Gender minorities, 2SLGBTQ+, d/Deaf, Disabled/People with Disabilities, and/or Neurodiverse.
The following position is made possible with the generous support of Canada Summer Jobs. Candidates must be between 19-30 years of age and be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Reporting to the Artistic Director and the Technical Director and under the direction of the Production Designer, the Scenic Carpenter is responsible for the construction of all scenic and properties elements of Driftwood Theatre’s 2022 Bard’s Bus Tour projects.
Duties and Responsibilities include
· Interpret Production Designer’s drawings
· Source and purchase all building materials
· Construct and assemble all scenic and properties elements
· Attend and report at all production meetings
Knowledge and Skills Required
· High degree of professionalism, motivation and time management skills
· Experience in theatre production, carpentry and scenic building
· Ability to communicate and work productively with a small team of artists and staff
· This is a full-time (35hrs/wk), contract position with some flexibility in the schedule
· Contract dates: January 4, 2022 – February 26, 2022
· Salary: $18/hr + 4% vacation for the duration of the contract
· This position includes scope of work which will be conducted both at home (prep work, Zoom meetings) and in-person (scenic build).
· Driftwood is committed to a five-day work week, however days and hours worked are subject to negotiation.
· Applicant’s point of origin will determine place of work. Applications are being invited from individuals based in Toronto, the GTA, Kingston or Prince Edward County.