Not-for-profit professional theatre company operating 7 venues.
Drayton Entertainment is a registered, not-for-profit charitable organization and one of Canada’s most successful professional theatre companies. We present the finest in live theatre for all ages at seven unique venues across Ontario: the Drayton Festival Theatre in Drayton, Huron Country Playhouse and Playhouse II in Grand Bend, King’s Wharf Theatre in Penetanguishene, and St. Jacobs Country Playhouse and the Schoolhouse Theatre in St. Jacobs, and the Dunfield Theatre Cambridge.
Reports to: Head of Props
Function: To assist with the creation or procurement of any Properties required for productions as assigned by the Head of Props.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
- Assist with the creation or procurement of any Properties required for productions as assigned by the Head of Props
- Assist in assessing the requirements of the productions as related to hand props, furniture and set dressing; and creating detailed props list of these items
- Assist stage management in rehearsal hall set-up and pack down
- To assist, when necessary, base coating and basic painting under the supervision of the Scenic Painter
- Assist in organizing and maintaining props storage areas including comprehensive list of inventory
- Assist and supervise the take-in, set-up, scene changes, and strike of set decoration and stage props in all theatres as required
- To assist, when required, in the carpentry shop under the supervision of the Head Carpenter
- Be fully responsible for any keys, credit cards and petty cash floats given to the employee by the Theatre and to return such keys, cards and petty cash funds on demand
- Maintain a clean, safe and secure working environment including performing minor repairs to Theatre equipment and tools
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment for staff, colleagues and stage employees
- Report all accidents/incidents to the Head of Props or other immediate Supervisor immediately
- Be assigned by the Head of Props from time to time as scheduling permits duties that are not defined in this position profile
- Abide by all company rules and policies as detailed in the Human Resource Manual
- Uphold the professional image and name of the Theatre in good faith during all dealings with staff, guest artists, the public suppliers and other theatre duties as assigned by the Technical Director
Drayton Entertainment (based in Cambridge ON) is looking for a skilled props assistant for the 2018 Season (starting January 2018). A full “G” driver’s license is required as some travel is inevitable. Lifting is also a necessity, so the applicant must be in good physical condition and be able to lift 20K.
Apply now by sending your resume and portfolio outlining your proven skills to email@example.com.
Those selected will be contacted by Dec 23 for an interview, and test build, in early January.
Start Date: Chosen applicant will start work Jan. 29, 2018.
Contract Duration: 4 weeks (probation), extensions up to 34 weeks for qualified applicant
Salary: Skill based wage. $15 – $19/hr
Thanks to all for applying.