Website Drayton Entertainment
Reports to Director of Marketing, Communication, and Sales
Function A creative, talented and well-organized individual with demonstrated experience in communications, social media, marketing (digital & traditional) and advertising, the Marketing Associate is responsible for promoting Drayton Entertainment’s brand and its productions to communicate the specific messages for the Marketing Department that will increase earned revenue and raise the corporate profile.
Duties and Responsibilities may include multiple aspects of the following:
- Support the goals of the Marketing Department through a variety of efforts including but not limited to digital and traditional marketing, social media, events coordination, advertising, packages, artist relations, administration and more.
- Maintain elements of Drayton Entertainment’s website (powered by Audience View), including but not limited to updating content, images, artist information, and more.
- Coordinate and manage components of Opening performance celebrations including maintaining invite lists, developing the annual invitation schedule, creating and deploying invitations, tracking RSVPs, booking seats, preparing acknowledgements, décor and other needs.
- Act as an editor for marketing materials, ensuring meticulous accuracy for spelling and grammar.
- Marketing materials tracking and distribution (theatre guides, flyers, postcards etc.).
- Show merchandise ordering and tracking.
- Analyze data offering insight on key performance indicators.
- Assist with community outreach efforts, including representing the organization through opportunities designed to foster public awareness and engagement (backstage tours, festivals, trade shows, and other events).
- Assist with efforts for the Community Support Ticket Program.
- Due to the nature of the live theatre industry, some evening and weekend work will be required.
- Plus other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Must have a definite passion for the performing arts and an intense desire to work with the public.
- College or University degree/diploma in the field of Communications, Marketing, Advertising, or other related discipline to the marketing field.
- Lively, engaging and dynamic personality – excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent writing skills, along with strong editing skills and astute attention to detail.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is an asset.
- Ability to cultivate relationships and interact with a diverse customer base.
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office Suite and standard social media platforms.
- Ability to function effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
Term: Full-time, one year contract. This position is scheduled to commence on June 3, 2019. This position is based in Cambridge, Ontario.
For confidential information, candidates should respond by May 24th, in writing to:
Director of Marketing, Communication, and Sales
46 Grand Ave. S., Cambridge, ON N1S 2L8
Drayton Entertainment welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.