ABOUT THE POSITION
Crow’s Theatre seeks a Bookkeeping & Finance Manager to join our team. This full-time position provides a unique opportunity to play a meaningful role with a vibrant and entrepreneurial cultural hub. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Bookkeeping & Finance Manager is responsible for the financial accounting, week to week bookkeeping, payroll, reporting and audit preparation. We are looking for a skilled and detailed individual who will approach the position with integrity, attention to detail, and consistency.
The following list outlines a range of specific tasks and responsibilities. Other duties will present themselves on an as needed basis:
- Perform entries for payables, receivables, accruals, pre-paid expenses, and deferrals
- Maintain an electronic database of all receipts for each organizational expense
- Perform other accounting duties including payroll, processing invoices, managing expense reimbursements, and writing and reconciling cheques on a bi-weekly basis
- Prepare month-end and year-end income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements
- Prepare monthly report on budgeted spend vs. actuals for each account
- Maintain all other financial statements in QuickBooks and prepare other reports as needed for program budgets
- Box office and other production / project reconciliations
- Track donations and issue charitable tax receipts to donors on an ongoing basis
- Submit GST/HST charitable tax return to the Canada Revenue Agency on a quarterly basis
- Submit annual return to Industry Canada and T3010 to the Canada Revenue Agency on an annual basis
- Superior knowledge & familiarity with QuickBooks
- Experience and knowledge of legislative requirements and framework covering charities, charitable status and required reporting
- Previous experience working with CRMs would be considered an asset
Good time management with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines, and prioritize with minimal direction
- Strong judgement skills and absolute discretion with confidential and sensitive information
University degree or College Diploma in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration (specializing in accounting )
- Strong analytical skills with experience in general ledger accounts reconciliation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: specifically, MSExcel (Vlookup, SumIF, Pivot tables, etc.), and MSWord.
- Preference will be given to Certified Bookkeeper (CB) or Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
This is a permanent employment position with a salary commensurate with experience. The position includes participation in Crow’s extended health benefits and pension plan.
To apply, please email your detailed resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Refer to “Bookkeeping and Finance Manager” in the subject line.
The deadline to apply is Friday, January 17, 2020. We thank all applicants, but only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Crow’s is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin.