Website Royal Winnipeg Ballet
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet teaches, creates and performs, enriching lives through the power of exceptional dance…become a part of that power…
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is seeking a full-time Company Manager to join our team. This position is ideal for candidates who have a profound passion and commitment to the arts. Candidates are flexible with shifting priorities, meticulously organized, and are capable of effectively communicating with various stakeholders. With your good judgment, diplomacy, and sound interpersonal skills, you will thrive in this role.
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is committed to inclusive, and diversity based accessible employment practices. All employment practices and activities are conducted on a non-discriminatory, safe, and respectful basis. The RWB is committed to the enrichment and diversity of our community.
As the Company Manager, you form an integral part of the core team that oversees the Royal Winnipeg Ballet professional dance company (Company). In this position, you are responsible for the tour management and Company’s day-to-day operational affairs. You are a fair and credible team player with strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to also work independently and problem solve on the go.
In this position, your portfolio is broad and includes a wide host of administrative and management duties such as Company communications; CAEA relations and administration; reimbursement and payroll submissions; contracts; immigration; Company scheduling and itineraries; interdepartmental coordination; and the planning and execution of all booked tours.
HIGHLIGHTED DUTIES OF THE ROLE
Touring and Performance Management
- The planning, management, and execution of all booked tours, including:
- Research, contract, manage, and execute payments and reconciliations for all tour travel arrangements.
- Oversee and manage the logistical operations of the tour.
- Liaise with the venue and/or presenter on all performance schedules, riders, and activities.
- Act as the representative for the organization in conjunction with Artistic Staff while on tour.
- Coordinate all residency activities, receptions, and special events while on tour.
- Remain “on call” at-all-times while on tour to assist touring personnel with any professional and reasonable personal issues and/or emergencies.
- Prepare, update, present and distribute the tour and show itineraries for all Company performances.
- Obtain, or assist contracted third parties in obtaining, all visas and requisite permissions required for entry and work in each country where the Company will travel and/or perform.
- Coordinate touring personnel per diems, payments, and reimbursements.
- Ensure all contract requirements are fulfilled for touring performances and reconcile with the presenter/venue all receipts and expenses through settlement.
- Research, compile, and post lists of local services, including medical/hospital, physiotherapy clinics and services, consulate services in each city on a tour.
Canadian Actors’ Equity Association
- Maintain a professional and working relationship between the RWB and CAEA (Equity).
- Have a clear and thorough understanding of the RWB Equity Agreement.
- Advise departments regarding agreement compliance and obstacles on an on-going basis.
- Liaise with Equity on all communications such as concession requests and notices by the Engager.
- Manage and execute engager obligations and requirement per the collective agreement.
- Assist in the preparation of applications and reports for touring grants from Canada Council for the Arts, Manitoba Arts Council, the Government of Manitoba, Winnipeg Arts Council, Canadian Heritage, and Global Affairs Canada.
- Coordinate, advise, and collaborate with other organizational departments on Company projects.
- Lead the immigration process in obtaining all requisite visas and work permits for Temporary Foreign Workers (TFW) for dancers, designers, choreographers, and other key creative team members.
- Work with legal counsel and/or consultants to ensure the organization remains compliant with all immigration legislation regarding the engagement of TFWs.
- Create, update, and distribute Company communications including notices, engager information updates, schedules in addition to the daily schedule.
- Attend internal and external meetings as a key member of the management team for the professional dance company and the organization at large.
- Maintain a list of all personnel and relevant personal information necessary for travel, government applications, and other documentation that may be required by the organization for both Canada and abroad while on tour.
- Provide new artists with information packages regarding Company policies and other relevant organization information.
- In conjunction with the Company Managing Director, and Associate Artistic Director, assist in the management of long-term touring and strategic planning which maximizes opportunities for the organization within the goals of the strategic plan.
- Assist the Company Managing Director when liaising with all relevant departments to manage the annual touring plan, actions, and budget.
- Continually seek to achieve the greatest possible cost efficiency with respect to touring.
The Company Manager works in an office environment utilizing standard office equipment and a cell phone. This position includes extensive travel with national and international tours, in which long hours are spent on busses and/or flights as dictated by the tour schedule. In Winnipeg, this position will generally work 8 hours per day Monday – Friday. While on tour, this position will be required to work additional hours outside of a normal work week.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Theatre Arts Management, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in non-profit management, administration, and arts programming.
- Ability to travel outside of Canada.
- Proficient in maintaining budgets, schedules, and contract agreements.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail with strong time management skills
- Sound interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality while demonstrating a high level of professional conduct and discretion.
- Exudes good judgement, tact, and diplomacy.
- Flexible problem-solver able to work under pressure and time sensitive deadlines.
- Professional proficiency in Microsoft Office.
If you are qualified for this position, visit www.rwb.org/who-we-are/careers/ for application instructions. Candidates must submit a cover letter that showcases your personality and fit for the role, and resume. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: 4:00PM August 9, 2021.
As part of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet hiring process, successful candidates will be required to submit a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry check.
To apply for this job please visit www.rwb.org.