Website Chemainus Theatre Festival Society
About the Chemainus Theatre Festival:
The Chemainus Theatre Festival is a not-for-profit professional theatre company located on Vancouver Island with a mandate to serve the Island and its visitors by creating exceptional theatre that explores and nourishes truth, hope, redemption, love and the human spirit. Since opening the doors to its 274 seat venue in 1993, annual attendance has grown from 14,000 to over 80,000 patrons per season. The theatre owns and operates it performance facility along with its production centre and office buildings.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Sponsorship and Grant Manager will maintain current sponsorship relationships while working to maximize sponsorship and advertising sales connected with and in support of ongoing operations of the Chemainus Theatre Festival. They will also spearhead grant writing efforts with a goal of building existing relationships and researching and pursuing new grant opportunities.
The successful candidate will be a motivated, outgoing professional with excellent fundraising and grant writing track record, and a love of live theatre.
This is a full-time position based on an average of 32 hours per week. The weekly hours will fluctuate throughout the year with the department work cycle.
Position Duties: Objectives and Responsibilities
The Sponsorship and Grant Manager will complete duties per the following areas:
Sponsorship and Advertising
· Promote and conduct sponsorship, advertising sales in support of the Chemainus Theatre programming.
· Foster and nurture relationships with current sponsors and grow their support over time.
· Work with the Managing Director and Artistic Director to coordinate and schedule meetings and presentations aimed to the cultivation of corporate sponsors.
· Prospect and secure new sponsors, advertisers and supporters. Actively network at Chamber events, community and theatre gatherings.
· Work to enhance existing sponsor and advertising programs and develop new ones.
· Facilitate signing of sponsorship and advertising agreements and collection of deposits. Submit completed paperwork and payments to the Administrative Assistant for processing.
· Ensure that all sponsor recognition and benefits are met.
· Make sponsorship presentations as required.
· Solicit sponsorship, prizes and ticket sales in support of Chemainus Theatre fundraising events.
· Seek to maximize cross promotional opportunities within the theatre that are related to sponsorship, advertising and fund raising.
· Ensure that files and database records for corporate sponsors and leads are organized and maintained.
· Writing grants for the theatre including but not limited to government, community organizations, service clubs and foundations.
· Actively research new grant sources from funder types including, but not limited to those listed above.
· Advocate on behalf of the theatre at all opportunities.
· Maintain and build positive relationships with funders and potential funders.
· Ensure that files and database records for grant funders are organized and maintained.
General & Fundraising
· Prepare a bi-weekly work plan and lead report.
· Attend sponsor and member events.
· Actively participate on the development team.
· Actively participate in planning and execution of fundraising events.
· Attend opening nights for Chemainus Theatre mainstage productions.
· Attend management and development team meetings as required.
· Conduct all activities in a manner that supports the Chemainus Theatre Festival mission statement and company credos.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your cover letter and resume to Attn: Randal Huber, Managing Director
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.