Website Chemainus Theatre Festival Society
The Chemainus Theatre Festival (CTF) seeks a full-time Production Manager charged with the operation of CTF’s Production Department. As part of the theatre’s senior management team, the Production Manager reports to the Artistic Director and supervises production department heads as well as guest designers and stage managers.
CTF is dedicated to building a just, equitable, inclusive, diverse, and accessible workplace and community. We encourage all interested applicants to apply and will consider all submissions without regard to age, disability, gender, ethno-cultural identity, or any other basis. We are committed to a safe and respectful workplace, to reducing barriers, embedding anti-oppression practices, and creating an environment of integrity, respect, and cooperation. Enjoy living on beautiful Vancouver Island while creating exceptional theatre that explores and nourishes the human spirit.
This position requires skilled experience in professional theatre, preferably with a post-secondary degree in technical theatre. A thorough grounding in all aspects of stagecraft, superior communication, time management and familiarity with budgeting and scheduling production activities are essential. Professional experience in aspects of stage design or stage management is beneficial along with high proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and other compatible programs. The position requires integrity, passion, humour and self-care in support of the art and craft of theatre.
This is a salaried position starting at $55,000 with a range of additional compensation commensurate with experience, plus full benefits package including matching group RRSP.
Manages and works with the Production Team to create theatre in keeping with the artistic standards and practices of the CTF
Operational and fiscal management of productions
Works closely with all Production Department Heads, (Technical Director, Scene Shop Manager, Head of Wardrobe, Head of Props, Facilities Manager), guest designers and Stage Manager and CTF personnel
· Establishes and maintains positive rapport with staff and guest artists
· With Artistic Director and Managing Director prepares, maintains and manages annual production budgets
· Hires, develops, schedules and supervises Production personnel and crew
· With Artistic Director and Associates negotiates and prepares guest artist contracts
· Prepares and maintains detailed production, rehearsal, performance and technical schedules and corresponding deadlines
· Develops and administers effective administrative procedures, ensuring that the necessary resources are available to achieve production goals
· Attends production and management meetings and rehearsals as required
· Represents Production Team on inter department issues and supports the overall operation of the Chemainus Theatre Festival
· Provides in-depth understanding of all negotiations and agreements that pertain to operation of the department (e.g. WCB, ITA, ADC and CAEA agreements) to ensure that the proper adherence is met
· Builds production budgets, monitors current budgets, controls production expenditures and reviews yearly capital purchases
· Supervises all production payables and receivables and reviews production financial statements, schedules, projected cash flows and identifies variances
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading “Production Manager Applicant” or send to Search, Chemainus Theatre Festival, 9574 Bare Point Road, Bag 1000, Chemainus, BC V0R 1K0
Deadline December 10, 2021, or until position filled. Start date flexible, anticipated January 2021. CTF thanks all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.