skip to Main Content
Development Assistant

Development Assistant

  • Full Time
  • Montreal, Quebec
  • Applications have closed.
  • Salary: $31,000 - $33,000, per year which is commensurate with experience, and full benefits (medical, dental, RRSP, etc.).

Website Centaur Theatre Company

Montreal's leading English-language theatre

Centaur Theatre, Montreal’s leading English-language theatre company, is looking for a Development Assistant to join our fast-paced team and add to our fun and dynamic work environment. This is an entry-level, full-time position in the Development Department and reports to the Director of Development.


This position requires: attention to detail; organizational skills; excellent oral and written communication skills in English; working knowledge of French; interpersonal skills, computer skills (Word for Windows, Excel); basic accounting skills; and an interest in working as part of a team. This position also involves some evening and weekend work (opening night performances, committee meetings and special events). Experience in fundraising, database (Eudonet) and working in a performing arts environment would be an asset.


The Development Assistant provides clerical and administrative support for all areas of the company’s fundraising and development department activities. The duties include:


data entry and database maintenance
donation campaign coordination
account balancing
special event coordination
all other tasks as assigned by the Director of Development
The Development Assistant will spend approximately 70% of their time on administrative duties that involve mainly database-related duties, correspondences and mailings. The other 30% of the time involves interpersonal duties, including special event coordination and liaising with donors, sponsors, board members and volunteers.


A compensation package includes a salary of $31,000 – $33,000, per year which is commensurate with experience, and full benefits (medical, dental, RRSP, etc.).


Applications will be reviewed after February 6 and the interview process will continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and a résumé as soon as possible by e-mail to:


Haleema Mini

Director of Development

Centaur Theatre Company

Phone: (514) 288-1229, extension 235



Centaur Theatre encourages applications from our diverse community. Centaur Theatre is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We recognize that increasing the diversity of our staff on all levels is integral to accomplishing this objective.

Tagged as:

Back To Top