Website Carousel Players
Carousel Players, Niagara’s professional theatre for young audiences, is soliciting applications for the position of Production Manager. This is a full-time seasonal position based in St Catharines.
The Production Manager works in partnership with the Artistic Director and all artistic and production personnel to support the artistic vision for all of Carousel Players’ productions. The Production Manager is accountable for the delivery of all technical elements for Carousel Players’ touring productions, workshops, and special events.
The 19/20 Season contract dates are August 11, 2019 – May 30, 2020 (42 weeks).
KEY DUTIES INCLUDE
- Work with Artistic Director in planning Carousel’s season, including production schedules, budgets, and creative teams for all productions, development workshops, and other activities
- Advance and prepare production details of all tours
- Oversee the timely execution of all technical production requirements for Carousel Players’ productions, new play development, and other activities
- Supervise the Assistant Production Manager
- Implement Carousel Players’ Health & Safety policies
- Manage Carousel Players’ production assets
The ideal candidate will be skilled at production scheduling and budgeting, knowledgeable in all areas of technical production, possess strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and have a passion for theatre for young audiences.
Compensation for the position includes a salary of $760 per week plus benefits and support for professional development.
The position will requires attending performances in schools, so the successful candidate will be required to obtain a vulnerable sector check.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to Kate Leathers, General Manager, at email@example.com by 5 pm June 14, 2019.