Website Caravan Farm Theatre
Professional Outdoor Theatre
Job Title: PRODUCER
Reports to the Artistic & Managing Director
Full time, salaried position starting at $50,000
The Producer is responsible for providing support to the Artistic & Managing Director, and oversees all aspects of the production process. Working closely with the Director and all other full time and seasonal administrative and production staff, the Producer plays a critical role in the artistic and financial growth of the company. The position is an ideal opportunity for an established or emerging artist/administrator to play a role in the growth of a storied and unique institution in the Canadian Theatre landscape, in one of the country’s most beautiful regions.
· Acts as the liaison between artists and the company
· Ensures production budgets are adhered to
· Is an active member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee as a member of management
· Develops opportunities for the work to be seen locally, provincially, nationally and internationally
· Negotiates salary, billing, accommodations, travel, for contracted artists.
· Drafts and proofs contracts to ensure they are fulfilled
· Recruits supervisors for child actors, secures written parental approval and does criminal checks etc.
· Issues post contract riders
· Coordinates the annual programs: dissemination of information, booking, company management (travel, accommodation and orientation) of participants of the residencies, master classes and the National Playwright Retreat.
Liaises with PACT, CAEA, PGC and ADC as required
· Assists in grant preparation
· Oversees the roll out of all publicity and marketing associated with productions and programs
· Coordinates and assists all fundraising and community events
· Represents the company at community events and performances
· Assists with donor relations and stewardship
For more information, or to apply, please send a cover letter and a resume to Estelle Shook at email@example.com