Website Canadian Stage
Canadian Stage is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Technical Director. The primary focus of this position will be to work with the Technical Director on Shakespeare in High park.
The Assistant Technical Director (ATD) is a member of the Production Department and reports to the Technical Director. The ATD assists the Technical Director with the daily operation of the Production Department, and any production related activities for Shakespeare in High Park. They will spend much time outdoors at the park, overseeing set up and providing technical support to IATSE crew and department heads.
- Other members of the Production Department
- Other Canadian Stage departments
- IATSE department heads and crews
- External organizations such as Berkeley Street Partners, renters, suppliers, etc.
- Assist the Technical Director, Production Manager, Director of Production and other Production Department members as required
- Production driver as required by the needs of the Production Department, CS productions and presentations, and related activities
- Provide production support to Canadian Stage events and activities where required
- Supervise, when needed, the successful and timely load in of, and technical events related to Shakespeare in High Park
- Acquire supplies for general operations and maintenance within the Production Department
- Evening and weekend work is required for this position
- Create and modify CAD drawings
- Manage, track and reconcile petty cash expenses
- Minimum of three years professional experience in theatre production or a closely related field
- An Ontario G-class Driver’s License with a clear driving record (driver’s abstract required prior to final hiring)
- Moderate knowledge of lighting, sound, and video equipment
- Product, material, pricing, and logistics research skills
- Working knowledge of current safety standards
- Knowledge and practical experience using Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and practical experience using VectorWorks or AutoCAD
- Experience working in a unionized stage environment is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- A positive attitude while working under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills, integrity, high energy, creativity, a collaborative spirit, and the cultural sensitivity needed to work effectively in a diverse environment of artists, producers, creative and management teams combined with a passion for the performing arts and the desire to be part of a vibrant Canadian contemporary theatre company
Submit a cover letter and resume by email to Elissa Horscroft, Director of Production at email@example.com by Friday, February 7. Please indicate Application for Assistant Technical Director in the subject field.
We are grateful to all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.