Website Canadian Stage
Position: Sales Representative CONTRACT
Status: Part-time, average of 10 to 15 hours per week
Salary: $14/hr + commission
Dates: June 25 – September 2 2018
Canadian Stage is seeking three enthusiastic, outgoing, and well-spoken Sales Representatives to help with a subscription initiative during our Shakespeare in High Park summer series. The ideal candidates will have a background in and love for theatre. Currently, this is for a summer contract only; however, there may be opportunities for a year-round position with Canadian Stage in a similar capacity afterwards.
*Engage patrons in our High Park Theatre Amphitheatre prior to curtain to discuss Canadian Stage’s upcoming theatre season.
* Pitch, close, and process subscription sales for interested patrons.
* Learn and share knowledge about the specific details of the 18.19 season.
* Identify opportunities to improve service levels and make recommendations.
* Prepare and balance deposit (cash, credit/debit transactions) at end of shift.
* Provide reports to audience services management, ensure accuracy in reporting
* Provide feedback to management with respect to client and patron comments and report to management, developing solutions wherever possible
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
* A pre-existing knowledge and love of theatre, whether it be Drama, Dance, Opera, and/or Musical Theatre
* Outgoing and enthusiastic. Candidates will be expected to approach theatre-goers and engage with them.
* Prior sales experience is an asset, but is not mandatory
* Team player attitude is essential
The physical demands of this position include:
* Constant standing,walking, and kneeling outdoors throughout shift
Submit a cover letter and resume by email to Jackie Nguyen, Sales Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday June 5 2018. Please indicate ‘Application for Sales Representative’ in the subject field. We are grateful to all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential.
Canadian Stage welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Founded in 1987, Canadian Stage is one of the country’s leading not-for-profit contemporary performing arts organizations. The company produces, presents, commissions, and collaborates with multiple partners on cross-disciplinary work with a focus on performance styles that integrate theatre, dance, film, visual arts and more. Sharing innovative and vibrant performance work from Canada and around the world, the company stages an annual season at three Toronto venues (The Bluma Appel Theatre at Civic Theatres Toronto; The Berkeley Street Theatre; and the High Park Amphitheatre), in addition to running a series of artist training through our MFA in Theatre Stage Direction in collaboration with York University, RBC Emerging Artist Program, and TD Accessible Ticket Program, Canadian Stage has established a distinct place within the national cultural landscape. Operating in the culturally vibrant downtown east end of Toronto, Canadian Stage is a home for new, challenging dynamic art forms, as well as an incubator and exporter of leading edge contemporary and multidisciplinary activity. Our vision is to be a catalyst to shape, revitalize, and animate the physical and social character of our ever-changing neighbourhood around arts and cultural activities. For more information, visit www.canadianstage.com.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.