Website Canadian Stage Company
POSITION TITLE: Shakespeare in High Park Gate Attendant
STATUS: Total hours worked will not surpass 35 hours per week; Contract
DATES: June 24 to September 2, 2019 (Tuesday through Sunday)
Canadian Stage, one of Canada’s leading professional non-profit theatres, is searching for a Gate Attendant at Shakespeare in High Park. Reporting to the High Park Site Manager, this position is responsible for the overall operation and management of the gate for all performances.
- Assists with the initial set up of the High Park Amphitheatre (includes cleaning, organizing, moving equipment onsite, etc.);
- Supervises operations of all aspects of the gate at the High Park Amphitheatre including revenue collection and reporting, data collection and reporting, and customer service;
- Supervises all gate and revenue collection volunteers;
- Provides gate volunteers with a nightly briefing of tasks and expectations;
- Enforces gate/site rules and policy;
- Ensures the safety of patrons, volunteers and staff through the implementation and enforcement of safety and emergency procedures;
- Reports and follows through on any malfunctions, repairs or safety concerns to the High Park Site Manager;
- Ensures the gate is clean and presentable prior to all performances, including pest control or safety hazards;
- Follows strategy for most effective revenue collection;
- Communicates with the High Park Hill Supervisor and High Park Site Manager to assist seating the maximum number of patrons;
- Other duties, as assigned
- Interest in the performing arts, and/or arts education;
- First Aid and CPR trained is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and supervisory skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with many disruptions
- Financial management skills
To be eligible, participants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
International students are not eligible participants. International students include anyone who is temporarily in Canada for studies and who is not a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada.
The physical demands of this position include:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramp
Total hours worked will not surpass 35 hours per week; however, this position requires a 6 day per week commitment (Tuesday through Sunday) starting June 24
Submit a cover letter and resume by email to April Moon, Associate Director of Audience Services at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday May 24, 2019. Please indicate Application for SiHP Gate attendant in the subject field.
We thank everyone who applies, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential. Canadian Stage welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.