Website Canadian Stage Company
POSITION TITLE: Shakespeare in High Park Concession Attendant
STATUS: Total hours worked will not surpass 35 hours per week; Contract
DATES: June 24 to September 2, 2019 (Tuesday through Sunday)
Canadian Stage, one of Canada’s leading professional non-profit theatres, is searching for a Concession Attendant at Shakespeare in High Park. Reporting to the High Park Site Manager, this position is responsible for the daily operation and management of the concession stand for all performances.
- Assists with the initial set up of the High Park Amphitheatre (includes cleaning, organizing, moving equipment onsite)
- Responsible for daily operations of all aspects of the concession stand at the High Park Amphitheatre;
- Ensures the concession stand is clean and presentable prior to all performances, ensuring product placement and adequate advertising materials are available to patrons;
- Ensures the safety of patrons, volunteers and staff through the implementation and enforcement of safety and emergency procedures;
- Maintains the concession stand is in good working order, including pest control or safety hazards;
- Reports and follows through on any malfunctions, repairs or safety concerns to the High Park Site Manager;
- Communicates effectively with patrons while maintaining a high standard of customer service including escalating customer concerns;
- Maintains and follows training in all concession stand procedures and have all relevant qualifications/certifications up to date;
- Assists with daily and weekly concession stock order;
- Ensures all revenue is collected, counted, receipted and deposited, and that floats are prepared for each performance;
- Other duties, as assigned.
To be eligible, participants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Interest in the performing arts, and/or arts education;
- First Aid and CPR trained is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends;
- Financial management skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with many disruptions.
The physical demands of this position include:
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling and lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Total hours worked will not surpass 35 hours per week; however, this position requires a 6 day per week commitment (Tuesday through Sunday) starting June 24
Submit a cover letter and resume by email to April Moon, Associate Director of Audience Services at email@example.com by Friday May 24, 2019. Please indicate Application for SiHP Concession Attendant in the subject field.
We thank everyone who applies, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential. Canadian Stage welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.