Website Canadian Stage Company
Canadian Stage Company
POSITION TITLE: Building Operations Manager
STATUS: Full-time permanent
REPORTS TO: Director of Production
Canadian Stage is now accepting applications for the position of Building Operations Manager, a full-time position.
The Building Operations Manager is an integral part of Canadian Stage’s function as a theatre and administration centre within a historically designated building by assuming responsibility of the physical building and operations relating to it. The Building Operations Manager acts as a primary representative within our neighbourhood, with our City of Toronto partners, and our community of diverse users.
- Performs a variety of building maintenance work including: plumbing repair; carpentry, masonry and electrical work; minor HVAC and painting
- Acts as a liaison with the City of Toronto (Lessor of our property) for all on-site requirements
- Oversees annual maintenance schedules for sprinkler and fire systems
- Establishes and maintains annual maintenance schedules for HVAC systems
- Acts as the liaison with private cleaning company
- Orders cleaning supplies and office equipment
- Maintains an up-to-date contractors and suppliers contact sheet
- Maintains all locks and keysets including distribution of keys
- Performs general upkeep of grounds, including: sweeping walks, shovelling snow and spreading ice control materials; mowing, raking and watering lawn; caring for flower beds
- Ensures that the work environment is healthy and free of toxic or hazardous materials or substances and participates actively in the company’s health and safety program, working with the Technical Director and Director of Production to establish appropriate policies and procedures
- Oversees of pest control issues including supervision of private pest control firm
- Ensures all indoor and outdoor property is in a clean and orderly state, including emptying wastebaskets on days when cleaning staff are not present, picking up trash and waste in buildings and on property, co-ordination with waste removal and recyclables companies for timely pickups, and ensuring the company’s staff are responsible for restoring clean state following their corporate activities
- Moves and arranges furniture and office equipment; preparation of meeting room and rehearsal hall set-ups and strikes
- Manages building security system, including being first-call for security company in case of incident, whether during regular office hours or after-hours
- Drives company vehicles for the purposes of purchasing supplies
- Ad hoc duties alongside the Production department as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- A minimum of two years’ experience in custodial and building maintenance work, including minor electrical, plumbing, and carpentry work; or any such combination of education, experience, and training as may be acceptable to the hiring authority
- Willingness to work standby duty for building security systems
- Possession of a valid Ontario driver’s license
- Computer literacy including computer scheduling, budgeting and reporting (MS Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and equipment employed in cleaning and maintenance operations
- Ability to make minor repairs to plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and masonry components of a city-owned building
- Ability to give and follow oral and written instructions
- General mechanical ability
- Ability to deal courteously with the public
- Physical strength and ability sufficient to perform cleaning, moving and maintenance tasks
- Team oriented approach.
Submit a letter of interest and CV to Lisa Traini, by FRIDAY November 23, 2018 via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note “’CS Building Operations Manager” as the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please.
We thank everyone who applies, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential. Canadian Stage welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Founded in 1987, Canadian Stage is one of the country’s leading not-for-profit contemporary performing arts organizations. The company produces, presents, commissions, and collaborates with multiple partners on cross-disciplinary work with a focus on performance styles that integrate theatre, dance, film, visual arts and more. Sharing innovative and vibrant performance work from Canada and around the world, the company stages an annual season at three Toronto venues (The Bluma Appel Theatre at Civic Theatres Toronto; The Berkeley Street Theatre; and the High Park Amphitheatre), in addition to running a series of artist training through our MFA in Theatre Stage Direction in collaboration with York University, RBC Emerging Artist Program, and TD Programs, Canadian Stage has established a distinct place within the national cultural landscape. Operating in the culturally vibrant downtown east end of Toronto, Canadian Stage is a home for new, challenging dynamic art forms, as well as an incubator and exporter of leading edge contemporary and multidisciplinary activity. Our vision is to be a catalyst to shape, revitalize, and animate the physical and social character of our ever-changing neighbourhood around arts and cultural activities. For more information, visit www.canadianstage.com.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.