Website Cameco Capitol Arts Centre
ABOUT THE CAPITOL: The National Historically Designated Cameco Capitol Arts Centre is located just 1 hour from Toronto in beautiful and historic Port Hope. One of Canada’s first “Talking Picture Houses”, built in 1930 and in operation as a multi-entertainment venue since 1995, the Capitol has enjoyed growth over the past five years and is poised for the next chapter in its evolution. This is a wonderful career opportunity to join a small team of like-minded professionals dedicated to providing a superior customer experience. The Capitol draws top industry talent for it’s professional productions as well as highly talented locals for our community initiatives in two performance spaces. Operating year round, the Capitol offers Live Theatre, Concerts, TIFF Films, HD Opera and much more via two performance spaces. We are looking to build an all-star team, so if you have a passion for working towards a common goal and bringing your best ideas and skills to the table, apply for this opportunity now!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to the Managing Director, primary responsibilities include overseeing the delivery of excellent customer service to Capitol Theatre patrons, as well as the efficient and effective daily operation of our Box Office, ticketing system and Volunteer services.
- Establishes and enforces policies for counter and online sales, phone orders and groups.
- Establishes and maintains a regime and policies for discounts, comps, exchanges and refunds.
- Designs and revises all forms required for the operation of the Box Office. (i.e. Event Spreadsheet)
- Generates statistical reviews each at the end of individual production or event series (i.e. Concerts, TIFF, Opera) and each season.
- Assists the Finance Manager, Managing Director and Artistic Director in the development of a pricing strategy and Box Office marketing plan for each year.
- Balances ticket orders (with cash, cheques, Interac, gift certificates, credit cards, vouchers, special ticket requests and comps)
- Manages the Box Office operations as developed with the Managing Director
- Maintains and expands relationships with schools for booking mainstage and Sculthorpe productions.
- Maintains and expands relationships with Bus Tours (OMCA) or booking shows. Books at least 60 Bus Tours annually including lunch or dinner reservations.
- Manages bus and school tours and ensures accounts receivable for tour and group bookings are received prior to show dates.
- Ensures that all ticket requests and issues are handled promptly and with exemplary customer service.
- Maintains an up-to-date flow of information as to events and ticket availability.
- Monitors and prepares daily reports on ticket sales.
- Co-ordinates with Managing Director on all Front of House activities i.e. special signage, house counts, notification of groups attending, requests for wheelchair assistance, special parking requirements, etc.
- Generates statistical post event reports.
- Maintains ticket-selling software (working with the Ticket Software developers) to maximise the usage of available tools within the system.
- Answers all ticket related inquiries made to “firstname.lastname@example.org” and “email@example.com”.
- Hires, supervises and schedules Box Office Volunteer, Contract, Student and Temp staff.
- Brings forward any customer concerns or comments as soon as possible to the Managing Director.
- Brings forward any artistic customer concerns or comments as soon as possible to the Artistic Director.
- Oversees the Volunteer Coordinators in the recruiting, screening and training of new volunteers.
- Maintains an up-to-date volunteer database with the Volunteer Coordinators.
- Maintains contact with Volunteer Team Leaders about volunteer opportunities through regular email and meetings.
- Organizes one Volunteer Appreciation and Information night annually.
- Monitors concessions, works with volunteers and offers suggestions for improvement and expansion of concessions.
- Orders concession supplies and ensures sufficient stock through an inventory checklist.
- Works with Managing Director and Artistic Director to plan receptions for opening nights and special occasions
- Maintains familiarity with liquor laws and renewal of Licenses.
- Ensures “Smart Serve” requirements are met by all Bartenders and staff.
- Arranges for the delivery or pick-up of all necessary concession supplies in a timely manner so as to not impede or affect on-going events.
Education: Post secondary degree from a recognized technical training institution or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
Experience: Minimum 2 to 4 years’ professional experience in a customer service orientated leadership position.
- Moderate knowledge of Quickbooks
- Strong scheduling and budgetary management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word) and/or Google Docs.
- Basic understanding of cloud computing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills.
- Integrity, high energy, a collaborative spirit and the cultural sensitivity needed to work effectively in a diverse environment.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, flexible with ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Occasional physical effort may be required to assist the team in setting up the theatre for events.
- Ability to manage and defuse difficult customer and supplier situations with positivity and professionalism.
- Adaptability and desire to improve existing processes and procedures by offering recommendations to alternative methods.
- Positivity and a strong work ethic that will enhance and assist in the evolution and growth of the organization.
- An inexhaustible sense of humour.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.