Website Buddies in Bad Times Theatre
Position: Part Time Contract, 20-25 hours per week
Reports To: Director of Development and Communications.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, December 13 at 5:00 PM
Start Date: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 (negotiable)
End Date: Friday, June 29, 2018
Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is seeking an enthusiastic arts administration professional to fill a temporary position in the Fundraising Department from January to June 2018.
Reporting to the Director of Development & Communications, the Fundraising Assistant will assist with the execution of all fundraising activities for Buddies in Bad Times Theatre, including individual donor stewardship and corporate sponsor relations, and will be in charge of the administrative upkeep for the fundraising department.
The ideal candidate will be someone looking to grow their skills and build their career in the arts sector while working for a vibrant queer cultural institution. Buddies is committed to employment equity, and encourage applications from queer, Indigenous, trans*, two-spirited, people of colour, and people with diverse abilities (if you require an accommodation at any point in the hiring process please let us know and we will work to meet your needs).
- Manages donor records, correspondence, and donor acknowledgment.
- Coordinates the fulfillment of promises to supporters through logo placement in marketing materials, name recognition, etc.
- Assists in research for new donor prospects, including individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with existing sponsors with the goal of increasing their support and commitment to Buddies.
- Manages the Donor Moves Management System, including timely dissemination of tax receipts and request letters.
- Copywriting for donor communications, private foundation proposals, and grant requests.
- Assists with the creation of strategies for donor recruitment, stewardship, and retention.
- Assists with grant proposals as they relate to development.
- Manages foundation requests.
- Assists with the organization of all special events, including opening night receptions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree in fundraising or arts administration, or equivalent work experience
- An understanding – and passion for – the artistic work of Buddies in Bad Times and its role in the arts and queer communities
- Ability to work collaboratively with a dedicated team
- Ability to learn quickly and think on your feet
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Theatre Manager or CRM software is an asset
Established in 1979, Buddies in Bad Times Theatre is a professional Canadian theatre company dedicated to the development and presentation of queer plays. Our home in the heart of Toronto’s Church-Wellesley village is home to a vibrant program of year-round activities that welcomes over 25,000 people every year. As the largest and longest-running queer theatre in the world, we are widely regarded as a world leader in developing queer voices and stories for the stage and a preferred destination for artistically rigorous alternative theatre
Please send resume with cover letter and references to the attention of Mark Aikman, Director of Development and Communications, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is Wednesday, December 13, 2017.
Only chosen candidates will be contacted for an interview.