The Blyth Festival is currently searching for a candidate to fill the seasonal position of Technical Director for the 2018 summer season. The contract will start in mid-April and conclude in late September.
In 2018, the Blyth Festival will produce five Canadian plays, (one stand-alone & 4 in repertory – three of them world premieres), and our annual Young Company project, as well as present two shows in our studio space.
The Blyth Festival takes place in Blyth Memorial Hall, a municipally owned, newly renovated 379-seat theatre. There are two rehearsal halls, one of which functions as a studio theatre, and ample backstage space for repertory changeovers.
- Management of technical and production aspects of all productions
- Conceptualizing the execution of design submissions
- Costing of productions
- Working with crew and production teams to meet the needs of shows
- Working within production budgets
- Coordinate, supervise and participate in, repertory changeovers
- Enforcing Health & Safety policies and regulations
- Thorough background in all aspects of technical theatre production, particularly lighting, audio and video
- Proven management experience and good communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong team player
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety policies
- Valid G Driver’s Licence
- Working at Heights
- Vectorworks or AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of QLAB, as well as ETC Element & Digico S21 consoles, Dante
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
For more information or to apply, please email Artistic Director Gil Garratt – firstname.lastname@example.org