The Blyth Festival is currently searching for a candidate to fill the seasonal position of Production Manager for the 2019 summer season. The contract is slated to begin April 22, 2019 and conclude October 6, 2019, subject to change.
In 2019, the Blyth Festival will produce a repertory summer season of four Canadian plays (2 world premieres), one stand-alone production and our annual Young Company project, as well as present two shows in our studio space.
The Blyth Festival takes place in Blyth Memorial Hall, a municipally owned, newly renovated 379-seat theatre. There are two rehearsal halls, one of which functions as a studio theatre, and ample backstage space for repertory changeovers.
• Hire seasonal production team
• Liaise with designers/directors
• Costing of productions
• Supervision and scheduling of production team
• Prepare big-picture production schedule
• Oversee production budget and adhere to same
• Weekly report on budget expenses to date
• Plan, and participate in, necessary repertory changeovers
• Enforcing Health & Safety policies and regulations
• Thorough background in all aspects of technical theatre production
• Proven management experience and good communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Strong team player
• Experience with purchase orders and financial reporting
• Working knowledge of Health & Safety policies
• Valid G Driver’s Licence
• Working at Heights
• Working knowledge of QLAB is an asset
• Familiarity with Dante networking & the ETC Element an asset
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Please email cover letter and resume to Artistic Director, Gil Garratt, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Deadline: December 1, 2018
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.