Black Theatre Workshop is Canada’s oldest Black theatre company and is committed to reflecting Black culture and community by developing and providing visibility for Black Canadian artists. Black Theatre Workshop is an award-winning English- speaking theatre company based in Montreal, Quebec.
Black Theatre Workshop is seeking an Event Coordinator to assist with the event planning of our fundraiser dinner, work with our marketing strategy and development plans.
The successful, dynamic, bilingual candidate must work well in a fast-paced environment, has excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills, and is willing to work flexible hours. Experience in non-profit arts organizations, public relations, and/or communications an asset. Above average computer skills with word processing, database management and desktop publishing experience in a Windows environment would also be required. Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Coordinators tasks and responsibilities shall include but not be limited to:
A. Vision Coordination
· Assist the Outreach & Development Coordinator with the coordinating all aspects of the Vision Celebration Gala.
· Coordinate the information needed for the event program, including bios & pictures.
· Contact potential sponsors for raffle prizes, flowers and honoree gifts.
· Coordinate the seating plan.
· Coordinate volunteers for event.
· Contribute ideas and suggestions in the overall sales process.
B. Event Coordination
· Working in close and regular consultation with Senior Staff, the Coordinator will be responsible for organizing other events such as readings and co-productions.
· Create and organise task calendars for each event.
· Assist with the marketing campaigns for the events
· Solicit ads and artists bios for programme
· Assist in social media strategy
· Network with student groups
· Contribute ideas and suggestions in the overall processes.
· Coordinate and expand the Theatre’s on-going membership drive
· Process and acknowledge all memberships
· Develop and implement individual, membership and corporate campaigns
· Research, identify and pursue prospective new individual and corporate donor contacts
· Develop and/or maintain records, and maintain strong relationships with Theatre donors, potential donors and supporters
· Answer the telephone as a representation of the company
· Work in collaboration with the General Manager during down time to help accomplish general administrative tasks.
· Enter all new database information in a timely manner according to the format set out by the General Manager.
· Be part of the BTW team and be available for all majour BTW events.
Salary for this position is set at $15/hour, based on an expected 35-hour work week with some evening/weekend work required. Contract to begin in September and run for 30 weeks. Applicants must be eligible for Emploi Québec Employment Subsidies (Currently unemployed , on Employment Insurance or on welfare) and hold a letter stating this fact (Lettre d’admissibilité à la mesure Subvention salariale).
Please visit https://www.quebec.ca/en/employment/wage-subsidy/ for full details.
Please submit a letter, resume and your Employ Quebec eligibility letter to the General Manager, Black Theatre Workshop by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants are thanked for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.