Website Belfry Theatre
Reporting directly to the Director of Production and Operations, the Wardrobe Coordinator will be expected to facilitate and manage the costume realization process for all produced shows: from preliminary and final designs through pre-production through to opening and closing wrap-up. The Wardrobe Coordinator will also be expected to, in conjunction with the Director of Production and Operations, help create and manage all Wardrobe Department budget lines. While under contract the day to day duties will include, but won’t be limited to working with designers, liaising with relevant departments to ensure communication of wardrobe and production needs, sourcing materials, overseeing and coordinating operations of the wardrobe, its equipment, supplies and inventory.
The successful candidate should be able to work independently under pressure as well as having the ability to work collaboratively and lead in a team environment.
· Strong experience in wardrobe in a professional performing arts organization.
· Experience and ability to perform major and substantial alterations.
· A broad range of experience and knowledge in all aspects of theatrical costume production techniques
· Knowledge and experience in machine and hand sewing techniques
· Knowledge of domestic and industrial sewing machines
· Must have strong time management, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
· Proficient computer knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and internet research
· A valid driver’s licence
· Demonstrated skill and experience in the following will be an asset: Cutting, Pattern making
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Assist production management with creation and management of wardrobe budget lines and labour forecasts (read scripts and highlight noteworthy requirements)
· Manage workspace and storage (arrange machine maintenance, order supplies, organize space)
· Update digital records (contractors, show files, etc)
· Budget from preliminary design information (to be submitted to production manager and designer)
· Identify and check contractor availability and schedules
· Identify and budget hair and makeup requirements
· Research and sourcing (rentals, borrows, online shopping etc)
· Set up shopping/pull schedule with designer
· Set up work schedule
Build Period (6 weeks from opening):
· Shopping with designer
· Set up fitting schedule with stage management including costume, hair and makeup
· Supervise contractors
· Manage work schedule
· Manage actor requirements including quick change modifications and maintenance as required
· Manage company purchasing and expense reconciliations
Tech Week/Opening week:
· Available for q-2-q, tech dress, first dress rehearsal, and previews
· Create paperwork (costume plot, laundry maintenance)
· Have all costumes available for Q-2-Q, tech dress, etc
· Costume maintenance (laundry) during tech period
· Address notes during tech period
· Laundry, dry cleaning etc
· Return rentals
· Put away stock
This is a Seasonal Contract position starting July 6, 2020 and employing the successful candidate for 32 weeks on a show to show basis. Breaks between productions are expected, allowing opportunities to take other work.
Please submit cover letter and resume by April 15, 2020 to:
Mike Ford, Director of Production and Operations
1291 Gladstone Avenue
Or by email to email@example.com:
Subject: Wardrobe Coordinator
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.