Reporting to the Board of Directors the Executive Director provides leadership and oversight of all administrative operations, including fundraising, marketing, finance, human resources, facilities, capital planning and I.T. Working with the Board and staff the Executive Director will initiate and grow partnerships with philanthropic supporters, stakeholders, and audience members to cultivate and maximize the company’s artistic and operational capacity.
As a leader, the Executive Director provides opportunities for staff growth and success and supports Board members in their role as fundraisers and community ambassadors.
Applicants must demonstrate strong collaborative skills that will enhance the values of the company and support a strong working partnership with the Artistic Director. Among principal qualifications, applicants must demonstrate strength in financial and human resource management.
Applicants are asked to provide a thorough cover letter that addresses their passion for the arts, the reasons they are interested in the position, the skills and experience they offer, and an understanding of the company’s mandate, its position in local, provincial and national arts communities, and any initiatives they wish to foster in the growth and development of the Belfry. In addition, applicants must provide a comprehensive CV that identifies organization, job title, and major accomplishments in each of their previous positions. The CV should also detail education, as well as any professional development, Board, and other volunteer experience.
Please include at least two preferred references on the CV or cover letter.
In their cover letter or CV, applicants should also speak to their competencies in the following areas:
- Leadership in an arts organization
- A comprehensive understanding of the collaborative nature of working with an Artistic Director
- Ability to work with a Board of Directors who are responsible for a strong governance oversight
- Financial management of a non-profit organization, with the goal of ensuring long-term financial stability
- Human resources management, with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion, and a safe/respectful workplace for all
- Comprehensive understanding of Capital Planning and Facilities management
- Engagement in community outreach to various constituents including patrons, donors, corporate sponsors, government funding agencies, other arts-related organizations, and agencies advocating for social justice, equity, diversity and inclusion.
For the comprehensive posting please go to the following page on the theatre’s website: https://www.belfry.bc.ca/job-posting-executive-director/