Website Northeastern University Department of Theatre
Northeastern University invites applications for an innovative creative thinker who can take a lead role in defining and shaping the interdisciplinary field of Creative Practice Research. The ideal candidate is an inspiring educator who is passionate about teaching and interdisciplinary collaborations, and eager to work with a faculty committed to reframing its dynamic Theatre program.
The new faculty member will engage in teaching, critical creative practice and/or interdisciplinary research in areas such as digital performance, immersive performance design, interactive media for performance and human computer interactions. The ideal candidate will amplify the possible collaborations of the department with university initiatives in Creative Coding; Empowering Community Health and Equity through Technology; Race, Technology and Social Justice; and Human Computer Interaction and Robotics. Depending on expertise, there is the possibility of a joint hire (25%) with another unit.
The successful candidate must have the necessary qualifications and the ability to be appointed at the rank of Associate or Full Professor (9-month appointment, tenured) commencing fall 2021. The salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
Candidates should have experience in, or a commitment to: working with diverse student populations in a culturally diverse work and educational environment. Women, POC, differently abled and gender non-conforming candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- PhD or MFA in Theatre or related field, or equivalent professional experience, by the appointment start date;
- Record of scholarly or artistic achievement commensurate with the rank of Associate or Full Professor at Northeastern University;
- Record of teaching excellence in higher education, with explicit evidence of exceptional mentoring skills, cultural competency, and success with students at early stages of professional artistic development;
- Evidence of ongoing creative or scholarly output with a national/international reputation;
- Evidence of successful collaborative partnerships; such as those with other academic units, within the community, and at an international level;
- Evidence of explicit commitment to antiracist and anti oppression pedagogy and creative practice;
- Connection to and awareness of trends in the fields of theatre and performance studies.
Qualified applicants should submit (a) a cover letter outlining their qualifications and vision for the position (b) curriculum vitae (c) a representative publication or documentation of a representative creative project (d) the names and email addresses of 4 potential referees who can comment on administrative ability and/or quality of scholarship/teaching. Three referees must be of equal or higher rank. References will not be contacted without prior permission from the candidate.
For more information, contact Antonio Ocampo-Guzman, Chair of the Department of Theatre firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of Theatre is located in Northeastern’s College of Arts, Media and Design which has a unique combination of disciplines, including Architecture, Art + Design, Communication Studies, Journalism, Media and Screen Studies, and Music. CAMD is also home to the recently launched Center for Design as well as the Center for the Arts.
Northeastern University is a private R1 university centered in the cultural hub of Boston, Massachusetts, a thriving urban center of culture and innovation. The University is located on the Avenue of the Arts, across from the Museum of Fine Arts and a short walk away from the historic Fenway Park. The University is renowned for its interdisciplinary research, entrepreneurial spirit, experiential learning, and global connectedness.
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University, and an ADVANCE institution. Northeastern University offers benefits coverage to the domestic partners of benefits-eligible faculty and staff. Northeastern University is an E-Verify employer. Persons with disabilities have the right to request and receive reasonable accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit careersmanager.pageuppeople.com.