Website University of Alberta Department of Drama
The Department of Drama at the University of Alberta seeks an artist/scholar with a commitment to undergraduate, liberal arts education for a full-time tenure track appointment at the Assistant Professor level. The principal focus of the BA (Drama) program is the integration of critical theory and practice. Students pursue the creation of original, independent, and often collectively developed work, and engage in multiple streams of specialization in the study and practice of theatre. The successful candidate will play a major role in the BA (Drama) program’s practice stream, including but not limited to devised or performer-created and script-based courses.
- a PhD or Master of Fine Arts in Drama/Theatre
- a substantial and sustained body of innovative theatre practice and creative research
- demonstrated excellence in teaching liberal arts undergraduate students
- experience in devised/performer-created theatre and/or community-based/applied theatre
- experience in script-based theatre
- engagement with the critical aspects of the discipline
The Department of Drama has a record of recognizing substantial theatre experience and training in lieu of a terminal degree.
Significant secondary assets could include:
- the capacity to supervise at graduate and honors levels, Indigenous Theater/Performance, movement, voice, Community Service-Learning, translation, dramaturgy, etc.
Faculty are also required to engage in research and/or creative activity of quality, and to assume appropriate administrative leadership responsibilities. Excellent funding opportunities are available for investigation/experimentation/research in the successful candidate’s areas of expertise.
Please see application website for more details and to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.careers.ualberta.ca.