Website Arts Club Theatre Company
The Arts Club produces on 3 stages year round and tours.
The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. Now in its 58th season, the Arts Club offers professional live theatre at three venues, as well as on tour throughout the province. Arts Club Theatre Company offices, rehearsal halls, workshops, and theatres are all located on the unceded, ancestral and traditional shared lands of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Reporting to the Box Office Manager, the Box Office Supervisor is a detail-oriented, personable and highly engaged employee who will work to assist in the daily operations of the call centre and the box offices for the Arts Club Theatre Company. This is a full-time position supervising a unionized call centre and box office team. The hours of work are Tuesday to Saturday 10:00am – 6:00pm.
To be successful in the role the candidate must be customer service oriented, a confident leader, and creative, with considerable communication skills who thrives on the exchange of ideas.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a customer service position
· Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset
· Demonstrated experience of training and supervising employees
· Experience working with database management and ticket sales systems, preferably Tessitura
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
· Strong customer service skills
· Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
· Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
· Strong time-management skills and ability to maintain multiple deadlines
· Ability to interpret Collective Agreements
· Proven ability to take direction from and liaise with multiple departments
· Proven ability to take initiative, problem solve and think on their feet
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Motivate, monitor, coach and train Ticket Sales Agents to meet company revenue goals
· Generate schedules and payroll for Ticket Sales Agents
· Address escalated customer service issues both over the phone and via email
· Create canned responses pertaining to general customer inquiries
· Contribute to the maintenance of the patron database in Tessitura
· Maintain and update seat maps for our various venues
· Book complimentary tickets per departmental needs
· Assist in troubleshooting IT issues
· Communicate and enforce Arts Club policies
· Facilitate conflict resolution
· Generate various ticketing, customer service and financial reports
· Establish positive working relationships with other departments within the company, to ensure high quality patron-centric focus is delivered consistently by all Arts Club productions, events and services
· Promote excellence in guest service: developing and maintaining a friendly and positive environment for both the customers and the employees
· Perform other related duties in support of the box office, group sales and ticketing support operations
Start date: Tuesday September 6, 2022
Salary: $44,000 per annum
Employment Type: Full Time
To Apply: Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Sunday August 21, 2022
We thank all who express interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Arts Club is fiercely dedicated to being an organization that continually respects, champions, and uplifts underrepresented voices in all jobs; and we strongly welcome and encourage those who self-identify as coming from underrepresented communities to submit.
Access and inclusion are deeply important to us. For those who have barriers to access to any part of our process as laid out, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us and we will happily work with you to create a process that is accessible to you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.