Website Alberta Theatre Projects
Alberta Theatre Projects is in its 48th Season producing live, professional, contemporary theatre in Calgary, Alberta.
The 2019-20 Season has received outstanding reviews from theatre-goers and critics alike with the Calgary Herald saying the organization is “ON A ROLL”. Subscriptions are at a ten-year high with 600 new subscribers. The holiday production of The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe became the highest selling production in the theatre’s history. Overall ticket sales revenue is up 90% year over year, attendance is up 78% and paid attendance is up 87%. Alberta Theatre Projects recently announced 6 plays in four different seating configurations for the 2020-21 Season: Teenage Dick, New Magic Valley Fun Town, Peter Pan, Undressed, Bang Bang and Cabaret.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The General Manager is the glue that holds together our wonderfully eclectic mixture of people, projects and priorities. The General Manager will manage our team and our day-to-day operations including Finance, Administration, Human Resources, and Front of House. The General Manager will report to the Executive & Artistic Director (EAD).
We are looking for an energetic and collaborative leader that can hit the ground running and rally the team around our key priorities.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Calgary is a world-class city where the cost of living is considerably lower than Toronto and Vancouver.
· Financial Management
– Jointly with the Executive Director & Artistic Director, develop annual budget and forecasts for presentation to the Finance Committee and the Board[DG1] of Directors.
– Responsible for full cycle accounting with financial statement preparation and analysis including, accounts payable and receivable, cash flow and variances, overseeing payroll, and issuing of cheques, employee records, & tax receipts.
– Monitor and review expenditures to ensure they stay within budget guidelines
– Proactively identify potential problems, concerns and shortfalls (against budget) and in consultation with the Executive Director & Artistic Director, either implement solutions or recommend solutions to the Finance Committee.
– Cash flow analysis and management
– Audit preparation and coordination
· Human Resource Management
– Develop an efficient and effective people plan for delivering administrative services for ATP.
– Participate in the recruitment, selection, orientation and ongoing assessment of new team members.
– Utilize a performance & development process to facilitate on-going performance conversations with team members.
– Develop administrative policies and processes.
· Front of House
– Oversee all front of house teams.
– Collaborate with the Ticketing Sales Manager to oversee Box Office Operations.
– Collaborate with the Front of House Manager to create bar and merchandise revenue strategies and sales targets.
– Oversee daily business operations.
– Promote Alberta Theatre Projects’ vision and mission.
– Align the work of the team to the ATP Strategic Plan.
– Develop a positive environment for team members that facilitates open communication and increases engagement.
– Work collaboratively with the EAD, production and artistic teams to achieve goals and priorities.
– Build relationships with other theatre companies in Calgary and stay connected to best practices within the industry.
Education and Experience
– 5+ years relevant management experience in theatre or arts administration.
– 5 + years of experience with managing full cycle accounting and budgeting.
– Experience preparing grant applications and all required government correspondence.
NICE TO HAVE
Skills and Abilities
– A can-do attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond when necessary.
– Very strong organizational skills, including balancing multiple responsibilities and effectively meeting deadlines.
– Very strong planning and project management skills–being able to plan and execute on identified deliverables which generally have timelines of 3 to 12 months.
– Excellent technical skills with advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, experience with Quickbooks is an asset.
– Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal).
– Experience with CRM systems is an asset.
– Experience with CTA, IATSE, ADC agreements.
– Strong, proven ability to manage, coach and mentor direct reports.
– Proven ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
– Very strong customer service orientation.
– Being adaptable and able to work in a changing environment.
– Available for evening and weekend work.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a letter of interest and resume by email to Darcy Evans, Executive & Artistic Director email@example.com. Review of applications will begin March 5th at 5:00 p.m. MST. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. To ensure full consideration, please apply by March 11th.
Alberta Theatre Projects is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in equity and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.