Website Alberta Theatre Projects
Alberta Theatre Projects is preparing for our 2021-22 Season of producing live, professional, contemporary theatre in Calgary.
At Alberta Theatre Projects, we create world-class contemporary theatre that blurs the line between the audience and the artist, by telling the most provocative and engaging stories of our time. By embracing the intimacy and unique audience configuration opportunities of the Martha Cohen Theatre, we offer an exciting new experience for our audience with each production.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Alberta Theatre Projects is looking for a team-oriented individual to fill the role of Interim Head Stage of Props for the 2020-21 Season. This is a temporary, seasonal full-time position.
· Co-ordinate all prop elements for Alberta Theatre Projects productions.
· Managing all properties budgets, including costing, purchasing and labour
· Read all scripts for productions prior to the first day of rehearsals, and to attend rehearsals as scheduled
· Attend production meetings, staff meetings, technical rehearsals, and note sessions as scheduled
· Lead the construction and purchase of all prop elements for Alberta Theatre Projects’ productions
· Manage all additional props technicians and temporary staff required for the completion of all prop elements
· 3+ years professional work experience in a theatrical work environment, and preference will be given to those with supervisory experience
· A passion for performing arts and the creation of new work
· Broad working knowledge of theatrical props construction, including sewing/upholstery, carpentry, welding, electrical wiring, drafting, painting, casting, molding, sculpting
· Good organizational and communication skills
· Ability and enthusiasm for working in a collaborative, adaptive team environment
· Experience with Photoshop would be an asset
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Team player with a good general knowledge of all aspects of theatre and live performance
This position requires a flexible work schedule due to operational needs of Alberta Theatre Projects and events taking place in the Martha Cohen Theatre, including evening, weekend, and holiday work.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
Working conditions, wages, and benefits for this role are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between IATSE Local 212 and Alberta Theatre Projects. The 2021-22 base wage for this role is $28.55 per hour.
We encourage a friendly, team-based environment where everyone feels welcomed.
Alberta Theatre Projects is extremely conscious of the health and safety of our workforce and audiences. As a condition of employment, all Alberta Theatre Projects’ employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 using a Health Canada approved vaccination dosage before any in-person shifts commence. Employees must provide proof of their vaccination status to our human resources department.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Our commitment to DE&I is woven into our values and belief that our organization is strongest when we embrace our communities’ lived experiences, regardless of what we look like, where we come from, or whom we love. That means building a more equitable, inclusive workplace and promoting daily actions that reinforce our DE&I commitment to the audiences we serve.
We encourage applications from all individuals, regardless of gender, age, race, creed, sexual orientation, family status, and physical ability.
If you require any accommodations during the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence.
Please email a letter of interest and resume in confidence to Kyle Russell at email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received and this job will remain open we find a great addition to our team.
Alberta Theatre Projects is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in quality and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, and physical ability. We also encourage you to self-identify as you are comfortable in your application. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know in the application process.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website http://www.albertatheatreprojects.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.