Website Alberta Theatre Projects
JOB POSTING – HEAD OF SOUND
Alberta Theatre Projects is preparing for our 50th Anniversary Season of producing live, professional, contemporary theatre in Calgary.
At Alberta Theatre Projects, we create world-class contemporary theatre that blurs the line between the audience and the artist, by telling the most provocative and engaging stories of our time. By embracing the intimacy and unique audience configuration opportunities of the Martha Cohen Theatre, we offer an exciting new experience for our audience with each production.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Alberta Theatre Projects is looking for a team-oriented individual to fill the role of Head of Sound. This is a seasonal full-time position, however, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic’s impact on activities in the theatre, this role has limited hours until operations return to normal in our theatre.
Working conditions, wages, and benefits for this role are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between IATSE Local 212 and Alberta Theatre Projects.
· Coordination of all sound department activities
· Set-up and operation of all sound equipment
· Running audio during shows and rehearsals
· Mixing audio for live musicals and concerts
· Recording preshow chats and effects as required
· Occasionally running of projection for productions
· Maintenance of sound and projection equipment
· Other duties as required
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in professional theatre
· Experience running playback for live theatre
· Experience mixing live musicals and concerts
· Experience with Q-Lab digital editing software
· Experience trouble-shooting audio systems
· Experience with video projections
· Experience with Digico SD Audio Consoles & Dolby Lake Processors
· Experience with wireless microphones, specifically for theatre.
· Team player with a good general knowledge of all aspects of theatre and live performance
This position requires a flexible work schedule due to operational needs of Alberta Theatre Projects and events taking place in the Martha Cohen Theatre, including frequent evening, weekend, and holiday work.
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and a list of three references in confidence to Sean Gamble at email@example.com by January 20, 2021. Resumes will be reviewed in the order they are received and interviews will begin as soon as possible.
Alberta Theatre Projects is committed to reflecting the diversity of our community. We believe in quality and inclusion and strongly encourage submissions from all qualified individuals regardless of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, and physical ability.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. For more information about Alberta Theatre Projects please visit our website http://www.albertatheatreprojects.com