Welcome to Industry News, a new blog series sharing what’s happening in Canadian theatre and the wider arts community. Each week we’ll share news we’ve come across as well as events, calls for nominations and submissions, and professional development opportunities.
Have something to share? Send it to email@example.com and we’ll include it here.
Young People’s Theatre Announces In The Moment: An Intergenerational Training Opportunity for Emerging and Experienced Actors
Young People’s Theatre (YPT) is thrilled to announce In the Moment, a free-of-charge, intergenerational training opportunity for both emerging and experienced artists from across Canada. The second training intensive offered by YPT, this project consists of a nine-day summer program (August 26-September 4, 2017) co-taught by Jan Henderson, one of Canada’s leading clown and mask teachers, and a second facilitator, to be announced shortly.
What’s Happening in the Wider Community
- Sage Hill Writing is hosting a playwrighting workshop with Catherine Banks.
- IPAA, the Indigenous Performing Arts Alliance, is looking for a new Executive Director.
- ArtsVote BC has launched a web app for their campaigns in advance of the upcoming BC provincial election.
- CQT, the Conseil Quebecios du Theatre, is hosting a rally on April 24 to demand better funding for the CALQ, Quebec’s provincial funder. The rally will take place in Montreal, exact location TBD.
- Generator is currently accepting submissions for their Artist Producer Training and Annual Resident Company programs.
- ArtsBuild Ontario has announced their second annual online auction.