Welcome to Industry News, a new blog series sharing what’s happening in Canadian theatre and the wider arts community. Each week we’ll share news we’ve come across as well as events, calls for nominations and submissions, and professional development opportunities.
Have something to share? Send it to email@example.com and we’ll include it here.
Longtime Arts Club Theatre artistic managing director Bill Millerd is in the news this week, for both a national theatre-critics award and for an award he’s about to leave as his own legacy.
The federal and provincial governments are going to contribute a total of $4.2 million to help build a new multi-functional theatre complex in Cow Head. Theatre Newfoundland Labrador’s new 2,000 square-metre theatre complex will include a 178-seat venue for the Gros Morne Theatre Festival dinner theatre and musical productions.
What’s Happening at PACT
- Connect with us as a PACT Colleague! We’ve created three new ways to engage as individuals, organizations, & students.
- The Theatre Listing is back! Visit the new Theatre Listing today and create a listing for your company.
- Looking to up your game and connect with your fellow PACT members at the same time? Check out our fall learning opportunities.
What’s Happening in the Wider Community
- Generator (Toronto ON) has created an Artist Producer Resource with tips, tricks, and best practices for producing live performance in Canada.
- Theatre Ontario has announced the latest recipients of their Professional Theatre Training Program (PTTP), funded by the Ontario Arts Council.
- Voting for the 2017 BroadwayWorld Toronto Awards is now open. Voting closes on December 31.
- The Federal government has invested $5 million in the Cape Breton Centre for Arts, Culture and Innovation as part of the government’s priority on creative hubs as outlined in the Creative Canada cultural framework.