Welcome to Industry News, a blog series sharing what’s happening in Canadian theatre and the wider arts community. Each week we share news we’ve come across as well as events, calls for nominations and submissions, and professional development opportunities.
Have something to share? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll include it here.
The 10-day residency takes places at the home of the late Bill Glassco in Tadoussac, QC.
What’s Happening at PACT
- We’ve opened registration for PACTcon2018 – The Future of Storytelling. Join us in Ottawa from May 9 to 12 to connect with your Canadian theatre peers and add your voice to the conversation!
- We’re hiring! Join the PACT team as Membership and Communications Manager. The deadline to apply is March 16.
- ALL IN is launching in Alberta with foundational training in Calgary and Edmonton, in partnership with Theatre Alberta, Stage Left Productions, and the Ad Hoc Assembly.
What’s Happening in the Wider Community
- Statistics Canada released 2016 data on revenue and expenses in the performing arts.
- Cultural Pluralism in the Arts Movement Ontario issued a request for proposals for The Gathering.
- Trey Anthony’s play How Black Mothers Say I Love You was named a finalist for this year’s Lambda Literary Award for LGBTQ Drama.